Anyone watch the survivor shows. (NOT "Survivor")?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonLB

Reaction score
I love those shows.
My favorite is "Dual Survivor" with Cody Lundin, and Dave Canterbury.

I really like Les Stroud's show "Survivor Man"...
Another one that really surprised me was "Man/Woman/Wild" A husband and wife team go on survival adventures.

The only one I've watched that I don't care for it the Bear Grillis show's. But I'm coming around to him just a little.

It's one of the only shows I ever watch. I used to watch Bear Grills, but I think there is something more impressive about being out there completly alone! Bear had a camera Crew

I watch them all and love them. I try to take one thing away from each one I watch. I really only ever watch real tv like discovery, TLC, History, things like that.

Watch them all, have learned quite a bit from watching them.
Can't say I really have a favorite, but Survivor Man stands out more than the others.

LES STROUD IS THE MAN!!!! He's got Carebear grills beat by a mile!

Also, I watch "Mantracker" a lot on the Science channel. The premise is that this pair of regular people have to get from point A to point B in 36 hours. Then an awesome Canadian cowboy chases after them and tries to catch them. It's great!

My 5 year old loves those shows, he can now start fires without matches pretty cool but we have to watch him like a hawk. One day he asks if he can try to start a fire in the fire pit in the back yard like Cody and Dave with this tinder bundle he had made and some sticks. I say sure cause I know there is no way he is gonna get fire with his sticks. Moments later he is running across the yard to the fire pit with a flaming tinder bundle! What I didn't know was he had a roll of toy caps he used to start his fire. So we had a lesson on fire safety and starting fires properly after that.

Jim said:
Top shot
sons of guns
Diners drive-ins and dives

Bruins, Celtics, Sox, Patriots

And Last but most important WWE when I dont fall asleep. :LOL2:

Like the Red Sox?!?! Sinner.

Les Stroud is the man. He goes out alone, carrying a bunch of camera gear. There has been talk of Bear Grylls not staying out in the wild and getting help from his crew. Bear is entertaining and you can still learn survival lessons, but Les is hard core.

I love Survivor Man. I'm sure I've seen every episode 2 or 3 times... or more. Bear is probably more entertaining, but there's no way I'd ever try 90% of the things he does if I were in a survival situation.

I have seen every episode of them all except for MAn vs Wild. That guy will get you killed.

I have survival training, and find them entertaining. It was fun to watch Les try out new things, and see him make the typical mistakes. Especially in his early years.

Latest posts