March TinBoats.Net Nike+ Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions: Can I just place my sensor in the shoe with my iPod relatively far away? I will be doing most of my running during lax practice (Mon-Sat, probably around 3 miles every day). But I am not going to carry my iPod around lol. Is it ok to leave in the backpack off to the sidelines or is that too far? Second, do I need Nike shoes? And lastly, can it be an iPod touch or iPod mini, or does it HAVE to be the nano?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before.

SMDave said:
Questions: Can I just place my sensor in the shoe with my iPod relatively far away? I will be doing most of my running during lax practice (Mon-Sat, probably around 3 miles every day). But I am not going to carry my iPod around lol. Is it ok to leave in the backpack off to the sidelines or is that too far? Second, do I need Nike shoes? And lastly, can it be an iPod touch or iPod mini, or does it HAVE to be the nano?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before.

nano only, I pod has to be near. :cry:

Jim said:
Fishin NJ said:
Bcritch What you do take the senor for a test drive lol. j/k man :lol:

Yours must have a layer of dust on it? 8) :wink:

My treadmill is right next to my desk. I started walking this afternoon while I was on a conference call.Five Minutes later they started asking me questions and I never got back on the treadmill. I'll try it again tomorrow. :D

Fishin NJ said:
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= LETS GO MAN UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na its all good!!!

BTW what happened to that 24 hours to post the runs :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

bcritch said:
Jim said:
Fishin NJ said:
Bcritch What you do take the senor for a test drive lol. j/k man :lol:

My treadmill is right next to my desk. I started walking this afternoon while I was on a conference call.Five Minutes later they started asking me questions and I never got back on the treadmill. I'll try it again tomorrow. :D

I was actaully refering to NJ on this one! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishin NJ said:
Bcritch, What do you mean?

It can take up to 24hrs for your runs to post as per Nike, but they do sometimes post faster with in a hour or so. Weird but I guess there system gets allot of traffic.

I started the run and then had to stop. I thought I would run again within the hour and my total for the day would show. I thought I had 24 hours to complete my second run before it would show up on the site. My luck my .25 showed within the hour. :D :D

Jim said:
bcritch said:
Jim said:

I was actaully refering to NJ on this one! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw that you had my back after I posted this :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks

Fishin NJ said:

I'll man up for today. I wanted to hit 2 miles on my walk/run this morning. I hit the wall at the one mile mark. Knees and shines were were starting to hurt pretty good. Man I'm out of shape :oops:

bcritch said:
Fishin NJ said:

I'll man up for today. I wanted to hit 2 miles on my walk/run this morning. I hit the wall at the one mile mark. Knees and shines were were starting to hurt pretty good. Man I'm out of shape :oops:

I feel you pain, Same thing happened to me when I started. Take it slow.

Fishin NJ said:
See now its getting good, the smack has begun to be spoken and the race is on.
th_ththrunning.gif

I don't think I'm ready to start talking smack this month. Maybe next month :lol: :lol:

Fishin NJ said:
ICE ICE & MORE ICE, make sure your are stretching good prior and after work outs, and ice them knees and shins down when completed. Take it slow @ first, or you will be out of the game fast!! Shin splints suck!!!

Here is a good site for some general info

www.runnersworld.com

Thanks. I had shin splints in Boot Camp. They sucked

Eat a banana afterwards. The potassium will help to ease/eliminate muscle cramps. At the end of most of the orienteering competitions (anywhere from 3k-7k) there are usually bananas waiting for the competitors. :wink:

Checkout this link out from Southern Michigan Adventure Club and the article from Orienteering North America. Scroll to the bottom of the page and checkout the If I Only Knew... articles concerning injuries & running, etc.

https://www.smacworld.com/new/index.php?p=pages/INJURY_CHRONICLE/INJURY_CHRONICLE.htm

Latest posts