2011 International Custom Rod Building Expo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shfishinsticks

Reaction score
This past weekend, Patty and I had the opportunity to attend the ICRBE at the Showplace in High Point, NC.

showplace.jpg

3 1/2 story flag located in the atrium of the Showplace
IMG_20110225_163409.jpg

Over the last few years, I have developed a great relationship with my component supplier, and she asked us if we would help with the booth again this year. This was our third show and the second that we worked at a vendor's booth. We left PA early Friday and drove all morning in rain and fog. We arrived around 8am and began setting up fixtures to display blanks and various components.

Patty with her trusty pricing gun.
IMG_20110225_160233.jpg

After a few breaks to walk the dogs.......
IMG_20110225_145712.jpg

.....we had a finished display.
IMG_20110226_080048.jpg

Each year, Rodmaker Magazine holds a reception for it's subscribers and their guest. This year, the reception was held at the Centennial Station, a restored freight train depot located 2 blocks from the Showplace. Lots of people, lots of food and lots of door prizes. Patty won an epoxy and finish kit.

Gary Loomis and Bill Batson at the reception.
IMG_20110225_193727.jpg

Patty and Gary
IMG_20110225_193946.jpg

On Saturday, North Fork Composites and our booth jointly sponsored an event where 10 builders got to have dinner with Gary Loomis. Since we worked the booth, we were also in attendance. It was an unforgettable evening, sitting around the dinner table, listening to Gary tell hunting and fishing stories, and telling about how he first got started in the rod industry.

The crew from the 'Golden Ticket dinner'
garyloomisdinner.jpg

After the show was over and the truck was packed, Karen from Bingham (our employer for the weekend) asked us to meet her and Tom Kirkman from Rodmaker Magazine for dinner. We arrive at the restaurant early and get a table. Tom arrives a few minutes later, and with him is Jim Upton and Denny Kaneoka of Seeker Rods and Ralph O'Quinn of Trondak, Inc. (U-40). The weekend couldn't have ended any better!

Looking forward to the 2012 ICRBE already.

Looks like you and your wife had a great time! I would love to visit a rod building expo sometime. Looks really cool!

Very cool. That's another thing on my list of "things to do before I die".

Darn list keeps getting longer. :wink: