bowfishing wrning a lil gorry

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbustech

Reaction score
just a couple of pics from bowfishing crab creek washington (pot holes resevoir) also these pics are before my tin boat

Attachments

• boatsmemorialday.JPG
    boatsmemorialday.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 852
  • picture_016_196.jpg
    picture_016_196.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 803
more

Attachments

• picture_011_151.jpg
    picture_011_151.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 793
  • picture_009_645.jpg
    picture_009_645.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 793
i remember my dad removing the visera and gills from a nice brown trout. He bent over to rinse the gut cavity and the fish swam away and settled in a deep hole. He tried to poke it with his fly rod but it just wouldn't reach. About 5 minutes later it swam upstream a little and he managed to snag it.

Some people think that is animal cruelty. But I think bow fishing kicks arse!!! I wanna try it.

SMDave said:
Some people think that is animal cruelty. But I think bow fishing kicks arse!!! I wanna try it.

You are always going to have 2 sides to bowfishing...those who hate it, and those who don't. I have seen it get out of hand on other forums, it wont happen here.

I would try it on Fish I was going to eat...or someone else was going to eat.

Jim said:
SMDave said:

You are always going to have 2 sides to bowfishing...those who hate it, and those who don't. I have seen it get out of hand on other forums, it wont happen here.

I would try it on Fish I was going to eat...or someone else was going to eat.
Well of course, I would be eating it or it would be consumed by family or friends before I kill it. Otherwise, C&R.

we have a few lakes in the area that need the carp population thinned out.

I'm not a hunter but that looks like it would be fun

Wayne

as far as being cruel yea sure we kill them and throw them in our barrells on the boats the local game wardens love that some one is fishing them out couse they are tough on the game fish populations then a local man around here uses them in his garden as fertiliser not sure of anyone that eats carp

There are alot of guys on my bow hunting site that bow fish for carp and gar and some of them eat them. I personally don't think I'll try eating them but some people do. Heck, I even saw a site for crow hunters and they had a recipe section for them. Don't want to eat them either.

Latest posts