Cool knife sheath

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
I am a big knife fan, mainly tactical folders, but here's a nice buck lock back that my girlfriend's parents got for me while they were on a business trip/vacation in CA. They bought it from some guy named/called Mountain Man Mike. The sheath attaches to your belt and the knife is slightly opened when sitting in the sheath. The opened blade rests on a rubber coated stud that goes through the sheath. The end of the handle sticks out of the sheath and when you pull the knife out of the sheath it opens by brushing against stud in the sheath. Here are some pics and a video to understand what I have tried to explain. Its a pretty cool setup, and will be nice for one hand operation.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://i221.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid221.photobucket.com/albums/dd266/jkbirocz/Fishing/MOV00027.flv">

You close the knife half way or so, then just put the blade under the stud and push the knife in the sheath. It is just like a reverse operation of opening, the sheath closes the knife the rest of the way once you get it started. Its hard to explain, its much better understood watching it, but it is really easy to do.

Perch beware!!! I cant wait to kill those annoying things!!! Jake, did you see that post on epfr where that guy said he'd rather have the white perch then the channel catties cause its a fun family lake???? What an idiot!!!

Ethan I am totally sick of that site. Everyone is an *******...this was my last post

Suck mine. The way all the responses have been read were totally critical on how the fish was handled. My great grand pop never kept a single fish, so f*** your bs post. Fish in florida n tx are of a different strain LM that are in the north east, they are used to high temp water over 80 degrees. Muskie arent even native to this area so go blow a big rod. If you read the original post, Jeff didnt ask how to properly hold this fish, for all you know he was trying to kill the fish he caught since it isnt native to the area. I stopped posting my fishing reports cause they got bombarded but d-bags keeping everything they caught. This is why this site has lost countless memberships...it is complete bullshit...and no one with any brain would post their spot, bait, and technique. Everyone here has their own thoghts and obviously noone really cares. In the past year or so this site has provided little to no information for fishin and I couldn't care less if my membership is revoked, due to such critical responses.

bAcKpAiN said:
Don't cut the perch! Live line the lil' sucker for a BIG fish!

BackPain - we do that all the time, they make great catfish bait. I have a plan that involves the White Perch and a big addy on teh Skuke - you get my drift!

We also use them as cut bait, there are a few lakes near me that are overrun with these nasty little fish. Last year the Fish and Game came out with a report noting that because there are so many White Perch they have retarded the ability of other species to effectively spawn. Heck, one of rangers drives around encouraging angler to kill the white perch, and just throw them on the banks for the raccoons to eat. He was surprised when I pointed out that doing so (killing fish and throwing them on the banks) is illegal in PA.

Anyway, that knife is awesome Jake, I want one!

bAcKpAiN said:

Dave, I need to come harvest some of those perchies. My new flathead gear is waiting....
BigCat001.jpg

Cool knife Jake.

nicdicarlo said:
bAcKpAiN said:

Dave, I need to come harvest some of those perchies. My new flathead gear is waiting....

Cool knife Jake.

Anytime Nic - make sure you bring my little buddy from Indiana

esquired said:
nicdicarlo said:
bAcKpAiN said:

Cool knife Jake.

Anytime Nic - make sure you bring my little buddy from Indiana

Don't get me involved in your fueds! haha. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Latest posts