Take a physically challenged person fishing!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Encoreman

Reaction score
Hi All if you haven't read Bugpac's topic on wheelchair do it. I have been kicking this idea around for awhile and after reading Bugpac's post I have to put this out here. I think all of us can think of a person we know or know somebody that does that either age, disease, accident or whatever has left them without full use of their body. Don't slam me for this, but I still call them handicapped, I have had very close friends that although paralyzed from the waist down or loss of an arm or leg or eye or whatever and we hunted and fished together and if you will not take pity on them, rather avoid their handicap, you would be surprised at the outcome. Okay to the chase, please put this on your to do list and actually do it!! Take someone hunting, fishing, camping etc. that can't do it on their own. It may be a kid whose dad is in camel country, or a single mom that can't do it because she doesn't know how- take her kid and don't hit on her, do the right thing for the right reason!! Talk around if you haven't come up with a couple of people by now. I have an old friend at church that used to fish all the time, a few years back I hit him up 1 spring and asked how was the fishin, his reply "man I don't go much anymore, too much trouble launching the boat etc. Just remember guys, let's pay this forward, cause with the Good Lord's will, we will all live to be senior citizens. Just think about this, next time you launch your boat think about, if I was 65 or 70, could I do this. Not knocking our seniors, I have some dear friends that are WWII vets, Vietnam vets and they are the greatest. Nuff said Mac

Latest posts