Strike King's Bleeding Shiner Jerkbait

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
I will be reviewing the Strike King's Bleeding Shiner Jerkbait, in chrome/black back.

Setup:

Rod: Shimano Convergence graphite spinning rod, 6'6" M
Reel: Okuma Stratus 30 spinning reel
Line: Berkley Trilene 100% Professional Grade Fluorocarbon (10lb. test, clear)
Species caught: Largemouth bass, pickerel.

I will be doing this review a little differently, not giving each category a point rating.

Let's go! :arrow:

Features: This 5" jerkbait comes with some pretty sharp, strong red hooks. The finish is both shiny and hard to rub off. The eye is also a shiny crimson, and so are the flared gills, along with blotches of red accents around the gill. When the light shines off of it, the red will definitley catch your eye! The sides of the lure also have scale grooves, some of which even some of the expensive jerkbaits lack. There is also a black dot on the body on each side, like a shad's marking. In addition, it also has rattles; a nice feature that proves useful for techniques requiring finesse for inactive fish.

Action: This lure has a great darting action, used with light fluorocarbon (I am sure just about any line would work well). It really does excel in everything the company endorses; great flash, wobble, and roll. It rolls very well, and wobbles with even a slight quiver of the rod tip. The jerks that this lure creates are very nice, similar to the Lucky Craft Pointer series, although not quite. It glides through the water very nicely. This lure suspends, runs shallow and true out of the package, and suspends head-down, tail up. This is a great lure for the price! Keep in mind, this is not a "ripping" bait, like the Rapala X-Rap. This lure is not mean to be fished as aggresively, and especially excels for slower presentations, such as a stop... and wiggle retrieve. It can be fished slow or at medium cadences.

Value: For the price, I believe this lure contains more bang for the buck than a Lucky Craft Pointer SP. That is quite a bold statement, but I am confident in this statement. This lure retails for $5.49 at Bass Pro Shops, while Lucky Crafts can retail for anywhere from $15-$20, for a slightly better action, a little more versatility, and better color jobs. But for the money, I believe that Strike King's Bleeding Shiner provides more features.

Overall: The Strike King Bleeding Shiner jerkbait is arguably the BEST lure you can get for the money; flashy paintjob, detailed eyes, strong and sharp stock hooks, red accents to body and hook, shallow diving, suspending, and some nice color selections as well. It runs true right out of the package, and has an EXTREMELY nice action - the wiggle and wobble almost tantalized me to take a bite! Rolling it is also effective and provides a lot of water displacement and flash. It is great for anything from 6 second pauses and little twitches, or moderatley-paced rolling and the occasional rip, this lure can do it all! If you are looking for a high-quality jerkbait without breaking the bank for a Lucky Craft, then this is the lure for you. It performs outstandingly, and truly is the best value jerkbait I have used yet. I look forward to using it this season for some river bronzebacks. All in all, this lure is without a doubt, an awesome use of $6, and I would definitley recommend having one handy in your tacklebox. It performs great in most situations. The price of this lure is just another bonus!

Attachments

• strikek.jpg
    strikek.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 998
  • strikek2.jpg
    strikek2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 998
  • strikek3.jpg
    strikek3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 997
Good review Dave. I havne't seen those in the stores yet. What size did you use? What other sizes are offered?

Nice review. I might have to look into these because I have to add weight to all my Bomber and Rapala jerkbaits to get them to suspend perfectly.

nicdicarlo said:
Good review Dave. I havne't seen those in the stores yet. What size did you use? What other sizes are offered?
I use the 5" size, that is the only size they come in. They are 5/8 oz.

And yes, it was a typo :lol:

And they're not new. I too have noticed many stores do not carry them - I ordered these online.

Latest posts