Cool Cake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassGeek54

Reaction score
Hey guys check out this cake my wife made for me yesterday:

Bass_Bday_cake.jpg

Bass_Bday_cake2.jpg

It is all edible...the fish and accessories are made of chocolate, which she poured and colored and everything else is cake and icing with brown sugar as the "sand"

Thanks for all of the kind comments guys. She is also an excellent cook, sews, makes jewelry and is a very good artist and she is a darn good fishing buddy. I always say I don't deserve her, but then no one else does either so I may as well have her. :lol: We've been married 19 years...I am pretty sure I will keep her a few more. :)

BassGeek54 said:
Thanks for all of the kind comments guys. She is also an excellent cook, sews, makes jewelry and is a very good artist and she is a darn good fishing buddy. I always say I don't deserve her, but then no one else does either so I may as well have her. :lol: We've been married 19 years...I am pretty sure I will keep her a few more. :)
You should think about entering her in some of thes TV cake competitions. Looks like she could win you a boatload of bucks with her talent. Ya never know !!! :wink:

https://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/cake-boss/fan-cakes-pictures.htm

https://tlc.discovery.com/tv/ultimate-cake-off/

Great looking cake...how did it taste?

It actually taste really good. Most times fondant isn't very tasty to eat but looks nice. She makes her own fondant that is made from marshmellows and it is very good. Underneath it has butter cream icing which is also really good. The cake itself was a chocolate cake that was very moist and flavorful. I actually only had one piece as I am trying to lose 20 more pounds but everyone at work thought it was delicous and several people wanted to order cakes from her...so it isn't just my biased opinion. I wish I could have shared it with you guys for all the help and friendly advise I have gotten from all of you. :D

Thanks,
Michael

Latest posts