Idea for a new fishing lure

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Maybe this has been done before, but I just had an idea for what I think is an awesome fishing lure. Take a bigger topwater lure clear body, cut into it and add one cheapy camera assembly to the inside ( I have a few from old MP3's that take decent video and are tiny, and can rig the buttons to external waterproof switches, fix camera inside jig, have Matt at BYOB paint an awesome design on it, visit my local super clear lake, and WATCH THE FISH EAT THE LURE. Can you imagine the video from this? You don't even need hooks to have a blast! Definitly will be a hit on youtube!!

Time to order some clear plastic bodies and switches!

Hmmm, which way to position the camera, down? 45 degrees backwards? Guess I don't even know how a fish attacks a lure? (Maybe I'll find out now!)

I'd watch for sure...then I'd have to try it.
Small little cameras like out of a old phone?

sort of, I dont wan't to reinvent the wheel. I got this for $20 one day and no one uses it. The circuit board is about 3/4 the size of the box. I can replace the screen display with an led (so you know it's on). The battery is about the size of quarter, but lighter. really only need two buttons to make it record.

[youtube]OSdMA8sjZeI[/youtube]

The Wifi xmitters ones are a dime-a-dozen online, BUT, what happens after it goes underwater? My guess is transmission lost. My huminbird remote casting deptfinder is great, but if it goes under, there is no signal till it pops back up.

Update - I pulle the recorder apart and it was working intermittantly?! I asked one of my kids and the reason they aren't using it is because it only worked half the time. Grrrr. I see ebay has a number of micro spy cameras for cheap. I'm now looking for the source of their parts. I really just want the insides/ or a micro kit of some kind. Just haven't had much google luck yet.

saw something like that on river monsters. the episode with the wells catfish. i can watch stuff like that all day!!

Latest posts