Nursing home

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Gotta put pops in a nursing home, starting dementia, hes 88, he helucinates but thinks hes capable of caring for himself,(he cant) this is a very hard thing to do, any way we went looking in Doylestown, a place called Briarleaf, its nice but its 64 miles one way, we're leaving Doylestown my sister says theres a nice lake close by called Lake Galeena, any one hear of it?

I'll say a few prayers for you all. I'm sure they will be needed to cope. Don't look forward to that day at all. Hang in there! [-o< [-o<

Thats tuff :cry:

Glad to hear your doing it, shows your love. Not too many parents have anyone that worries or checks up on them any more

shamoo said:
...... we're leaving Doylestown my sister says theres a nice lake close by called Lake Galeena, any one hear of it?
Sorry to hear about your Pops, 'moo. It's a tough call, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Galeena is one of Ahab's home haunts. He can tell you all about that lake. 8)

Attachments

• Lake Galena.JPG
    Lake Galena.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 602
I Googled a couple of LINKS for the nursing home. The second one has some ratings on the bottom that might be of interest. regards and good luck, Rich

https://www.hospital-data.com/hospitals/BRIARLEAF-NURSING-AND-CONVAL-C-DOYLE682.html

https://www.nursinghomegrades.com/nursinghome/DOYLESTOWN,-PA-BRIARLEAF-NURSING-AND-CONVAL-C

Thanks everyone, I have alot of questions, my minds going a mile a minute, the biggest thing is we have to lie to him about where hes going, he thinks hes going to another hospital for rehab, tomorrow we're tranferring him to the nursing home :(

We took my grandmother to the nursing center long before she needed to live there to do activities and meet residents and staff. When the time came for her to stay she was comfortable there.

Man that is tough Moo and I really feel for ya :cry: Ive had 3 people in my family with dementia that we had to deal with but when its your pops thats gotta hurt. Give me a call if ya need anything, even if you just want someone to talk to

On a lighter note (moo I hope this makes you laugh a little) I can't wait to put my folks in a nursing home. The older they get the more they become like little kids. I constantly have to yell at them and correct them and tell them to behave. :lol: Anyone else observe this with their parents? :D

Jim, I guess that is part of the "circle of life". We sold our house 8 years ago and moved in with my mother-in-law so she wouldn't have to leave her home. It's been tough at times but it is the right thing to do. She's 77 and still going strong but she's getting unsteady and won't use her cane. She took a header into the compost heap list week without anything hurt but her pride. My wife says the roles have reversed and she gets to run the house now. :wink:

Jim said:
On a lighter note (moo I hope this makes you laugh a little) I can't wait to put my folks in a nursing home. The older they get the more they become like little kids. I constantly have to yell at them and correct them and tell them to behave. :lol: Anyone else observe this with their parents? :D

Yes Jim, my mom went out to save her new patio set from a bad storm, flipped me out #-o I would have never thought she'd do something that stupid, she grabbed the table and the wind blew her and the table about 20 feet before she let go :roll: Thank God it didn't end bad [-o< she's 70 years old, happened last year.

My Dad, well happens all the time with him, he still thinks he's 39 [-X

I try to be nice about it to them, but sometimes you can get loud toward them about not paying attention anymore :oops:

Hang in there moo 8)

Jim said:
:LOL2: :LOL2: Thanks Mr. Jim I needed that :LOL2:

BassAddict said:
Man that is tough Moo and I really feel for ya :cry: Ive had 3 people in my family with dementia that we had to deal with but when its your pops thats gotta hurt. Give me a call if ya need anything, even if you just want someone to talk to
Thanks Denny will do.

Latest posts