Need help identifying something!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
This will be a miracle if one of you can help me identify what this "thing" is called. I saw it somewhere on something but dont remember what or where. Got it? :LOL2:

It is 2 pieces of plastic(or metal), they both have teeth and are circular. When you screw them together the teeth sort of lock together keeping what ever you are screwing together.....together.

Man this is horrible. :LOL2:

SOMETHING like this but when you face the teeth together they lock whatever you are screwing together.

shop%20photos%20061.JPG

Jim, not sure on the size, might take a picture next to a penny. Looks like the ?gaskets? that go on the transducer that allow it to flip up upon impact so it won't get torn off. That's my guess.

hardwatergrampa said:
used on truck mirrors to keep them tight but yet loose enough to move them also used on bike seats

yes, need to find out what they are called.

S&MFISH said:
Sawtooth washer. I hope that's right,I think it is.

close but not them according to google images. They are made out of plastic too I think.

Humminbird calls it a "ratchet" in their installation manual. Just installed two new FF on Sunday and it's fresh in my mind....Plus, I checked my instructions to make sure my mind was correct. It often isn't. :roll:
They are used on either side of the transducer mount to set the angle.

I assume one side would have to be a (male end)screw with teeth at the end, and the female end would just need to have the teeth. Then they lock into place, and only come apart when you unscrew them with a little force.

ok here is another "thought"

Picture the picture below with one end of a lock washer in the middle, and then another lock washer thing attached to the next rod.
set_screw11212_s.jpg

cmon you guys are close!

Latest posts