follow Joe Thomas from UMF and Reel in the Outdoors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
https://survivinginthereelworld.blogspot.com/

I started reading Joe Thomas's blog a few weeks back and can't recommend it enought! I don't read blogs as a rule, but this one caught my interest. He has an almost daily writeup of his life on the tournament trail and shooting fishing shows.

Just thought I'd share.

Found this on his website.....pretty interesting.

Fishing is big business and a major American institution. More people fish
(approximately 60 million) than play golf (24 million) and tennis (17.3 million)
combined. America's 30 million bass anglers are the basis of a $41 billion industry

Approximately one in every five Americans hangs out the "Gone Fishing" sign every year. Bass is the fish most frequently sought. According to U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service statistics, 43 percent of freshwater anglers fish for black bass.

One in every 150 U.S. households includes a B.A.S.S. member.
One in every 400 Americans is a B.A.S.S. member.

A BASSMASTER® subscriber survey indicates that the weekend bass angler is about 42 years old, is married and earns approximately $60,000 annually. 58% are college graduates. He owns an average of more than 14 rods and reels, a bass boat, motor and trailer, four tackle boxes and spends an average of $1,522 a year on his hobby, which he enjoys an average of 97 days a year. His dream? To fish the BASSMASTERS' Tournament Trail and win the BASS Masters classic.

The BASSMASTER Tournament Trail, a series of four BASSMASTER Eastern Invitational tournaments, four BASSMASTER Central Invitational tournaments, four BASSMASTER Western Invitational tournaments, six BASSMASER Top 100 tournaments, and one BASSMASTER MegaBucks tournament, serve as qualifying events for the world championship BASS Masters Classic. Tours are held coast to coast and from Florida to Canada.

Latest posts