San Diago Jam or Reverse Clinch Knot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
I posted this on my tackle forum and i thought you guys would be intrested in it, anywho heres my go-to knot

san_diego_jam_knot.jpg

check out how fast you can tie it here:

https://www.lurenet.com/FishingReso...onesDisplaysReverseCinch?speed=WM_MediumSpeed

I have never been a fan of the Jam Knot, I look at it as a an improved Uni tied inside out. I have used this know for line over 40 lbs as it will allow you to lock the line down but for my fresh water application the improved uni or improved clinch is a better knot IMHO.

Want to see which works better - tie each knot and have a "battle of the knots" Tie each one on a metal bar, spoon whatever you can hold in your hand and the other on a similar object. Step on one object and pull until a knot fails! Quick way to test the breaking point of the knots you tie.

Want to see which works better - tie each knot and have a "battle of the knots" Tie each one on a metal bar, spoon whatever you can hold in your hand and the other on a similar object. Step on one object and pull until a knot fails! Quick way to test the breaking point of the knots you tie.

Dave you should try that with 30lb braid and a palomar knot :lol: I see lots of braid cuts in the near future.

I tie the improved clinch, only when i want a longer knot, basically i only use it on top water baits to try and keep the line from gettin under the front hook. other than that i just use the palomar.

Latest posts