Picked up an airbrush for the first time ever

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I kept seeing all the cool baits BYOB is putting out there, and since I can't pay him ALL my money each month, I invested in an airbrush. I finally got it all hooked up and tried my hand at some techniques tonight. After practicing a while and not willing to just put it away, I reached in my "I never use these lures" box and grabbed one. Just used blue paint to touchup a flat red rattletrap type bait. Darkened the top, added a shad type dot on it - AMAZING the difference!!! The blue shading into the flat red looks really nice.It definitly looks like a fish catcher and will be put to use this coming year. I'd put a picture up, but it only looks good to the fish - honest!

Does anyone else paint their own lures here?

:postpics:

I was rifling through my tackle tonight and came across a BYOB bait I won last year.. Really excellent product.

I've never had a knack for painting baits. I customize them with sharpies, black for stripes if I'm going for a perch imitation, and red for gills or the occasional blood drops (as if it made a difference lol).

2011-03-19bait.jpg

I know, not much to write home about, but it's a vast improvement over flat red :)

Looks goodd to me, I would be willing to fish with it. Just keep practicing and I am sure you will get a lot better.

Not bad! At the very least you're saving yourself from having to buy new ones when they get chipped up.

But maybe the new look will spark a feeding frenzy [-o<

angry Bob said:
Nice job, but that lure should have never been in your "I never use these lures" box. :wink:
Yeah, I've tried it and Never caught a thing on it. Maybe that will change now.

As to the equipment, I'm pretty cheap. Did lots of internet searching and settled on cheaper equipment. I bought a double action airbrush from Harbor Freight on sale for $15. I have a compressor in the garage so a quick relase on the air brush, small braided airhose, and an adaptor later, I was ready to try it out. Michaels has 40% off one item coupons, so I got an assortment of Badger paints for about $20.
Here's a link -
Airbrush - $15
hose with built in adaptor $7
Quick Disconnect $7

Latest posts