Any other WI fishing tournaments planned?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattR

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to the site and noticed the one tournament scheduled in this thread. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17802
However, This conflicts with a very busy time during the year for me. While the tournament sounds like loads of fun regardless of how many fish I might or might not catch, I have to sit it out.

Some of you might be wondering why so busy then? Well my income consists of selling at flea market type venues. A few weeks before the 4th of July arrives, I am busy selling fireworks. After fireworks season, my schedule might be able to be juggled around a bit by not setting up at a slower, less money making show, and trying my luck at a fishing tournament. Right now not even sure which weekends would be better than others for me to enter one.

Just hoping that somebody might know of another tournament going on more into summer and close to home (Central WI) would be a plus too. Especially since that way I can make two trips, one with the camper and one with the boat. If anybody knows or hears of one, please let me know. I have previously only entered normal ice fishing tourneys, would be nice to enter one when there is no risk of freezing any body parts off...lol.

BTW... God luck to all that are participating in the June 25th one in Madison, WI.

Thanks,
Matt

Jim said:
Bummer about the tournament, but totally awesome that you sell fireworks! That rules! :beer:

Selling fireworks has its good and bad moments..lol. Last year the camper had a LP leak when using the oven, huge flames. Got that stopped in time though, no damage to the camper. Worst part was the camper was parked right next to the fireworks stand, within 2 feet of it. All I can say is I could have put on an awesome fireworks show that day...lol.

To maybe even ask a bit more regarding the original topic.... It would not even have to be a tournament, even a get-to-gether weekend of fishing and camping somewhat close to home.

Here I am thinking of camping and fishing in the boat, and it is snowing out right now. Supposed to get around 10-11 inches of heavy/wet snow by end of tomorrow.

Matt

This is not a tinboats one, but I've done it about 5 years now and it's a blast. A christian kids camp holds it as a fundraiser. $90 gets you bait, meals and lodging from Thursday afternoon till the tourney is over Saturday. No prize money, but they have some equipment giveaways I'll be there with my tinboat - (might even need a partner if i can't find one of these guys here to go with me.)

It's May 13-14 on the Chetek Chain. Bass on Friday- Walleye Friday night if you want to go - Panfish on Saturday till noon.- Northern contest goes all through the tourney.

https://www.campchetek.org/pdfs/Fishing_Classic '11.pdf

wasilvers said:
This is not a tinboats one, but I've done it about 5 years now and it's a blast. A christian kids camp holds it as a fundraiser. $90 gets you bait, meals and lodging from Thursday afternoon till the tourney is over Saturday. No prize money, but they have some equipment giveaways I'll be there with my tinboat - (might even need a partner if i can't find one of these guys here to go with me.)

It's May 13-14 on the Chetek Chain. Bass on Friday- Walleye Friday night if you want to go - Panfish on Saturday till noon.- Northern contest goes all through the tourney.

https://www.campchetek.org/pdfs/Fishing_Classic '11.pdf

Thanks Will for sharing that. I do not know for sure if I can afford that one yet or not. If I can make and sell enough kettle corn during my first few shows this spring, then it should not be a problem to make that fishing event. Without doing shows during the winter, springtime is usually short on funds until I get a few good shows to put some green in the wallet. Too bad it is not held after the fireworks season, then I would even check into the Team Sponsorship since my wallet is usually restocked by then..lol. I do appreciate letting me know about it.

If anybody knows of more tourneys, fund raising fishing events, or just fun group type fishing/camping days, please post them here in this thread.

Might not reply much tomorrow, we are getting dumped on with some serious heavy and wet snow again. It is even thunder snow. Worst part is I was almost able to get my boat out and work on it, now it is getting snowed in once again. Tomorrow will be spent plowing for a while to make some spare pocket cash.

Almost forgot to mention it. Will, very nice looking boat rebuild you have done.

Matt

Latest posts