Said goodbye to the family dog today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
Unfortunately my dog's health had continued to decline in recent months and my parents decided that it was time. Hershey turned 13 last November and still never showed and age in her face, just a few white hairs. She has been around since I was in the 6th grade, over half of my life. She was a great dog and this is incredibly hard to deal with. I can take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in pain, but it just sucks to know that she won't be around anymore. My parents called me yesterday to come by and see her, so I went by last night when I got out of class. I could tell she was in pain, but I hated to leave her. At least she gave me a few tail wags when I came in.

Attachments

• P4110003-1.jpg
    P4110003-1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1,005
Caveman -- I am so sorry for your loss. Anyone who knows me, knows I love dogs more than most people, please know that my thoughts are with you and my heart grieves for your loss of Hershey.

Michael

Wow....there's a lot of this going around right now. Sorry to hear this. Hope the void can be filled, (not replaced) with new love soon.

Things like this are always rough. It's a constant reminder of the fragility of life and that our time here is fleeting. I am sure your positive memories of this friend will impact you over the course of the rest of your life. A good friend like this can never be replaced and you will always remember the funny things she did. Eventually the pain of this lost loved one will become the cherished memories celebrating her life.

After I wiped the tears from my eyes I thought about my 8 mo old pup and how she has become a member of or family. I know that has to hurt and I'm truly sorry for the loss of a great friend.

Been there, lost my best bud of 15 years last summer, was tough to take him in to the vet for that shot, but he could not get up any more and would not eat. But I will do it again!

cavman,
Sad to hear. By the way, is your dog Kurzhaar? I've lost my own German shorthaired 6 years ago, due to an old age and cancer.

I am very sorry for your loss. As a veterinarian I see people go through making these difficult decisions on a regular basis. It is not a fun part of the job. There is little we can say to make this difficult time easier for you.

Catarafter said:
I am very sorry for your loss. As a veterinarian I see people go through making these difficult decisions on a regular basis. It is not a fun part of the job. There is little we can say to make this difficult time easier for you.

Good to have a resident Vet on board. We always have questions about our "fishin' buddies" and "big sweeeeetys". :LOL2:

Latest posts