New Cabela's fishing catalog.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone got their copy of the new Cabela's fishing catalog yet? Man if that walleye was real it'd weigh about 60#. Note that you can't see the guys hands actually supporting the fish. Man if this doesn't get you to shop at Cabela's, nothing will. I wish I could Photoshop my catches when they come out of the water.

bighonkinwalleye.jpg

That'd be an awesom greenback wouldn't it!? I didn't pay much mind to the photo but yeah...nice embellishment eh. I did that to a little topedo pike that my daughter caught...went from half pound to about 15.

Yes...trick photography, reworked. Where is his right hand? No way you can hold a huge fish without your fingers supporting the underneath no?

But still a very impressive fish.

That is not that impressive. Yes he is holding it at arms length. Here is on I caught last August. Its not a record breaker but it made the leader board for the camp we where in for the season and drew a crowd at the dock. And yes I did get the catalogue.

Attachments

• sm_Dsc_0085.jpg
    sm_Dsc_0085.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,145
Here's one from 2 year's ago. Trolling lake Erie.

Attachments

• 100_0115.JPG
    100_0115.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,145
Personally I am not sure if it is reworked with photoshop or not. The spring walleye run in DePere, WI (Green Bay area) produces some very big walleye every year. The one reason they get so huge is they have high levels of toxins and 99.9% practice C&R there, allowing them to grow even bigger each year. If you doubt me, check out the Wisconsin fishing reports at LakeLink. Not uncommon to see pics of several walleyes weighing over 15lbs caught each spring there. So in my opinion, that pic is a Walleye caught over in DePere, WI.

Matt

MattR said:
Personally I am not sure if it is reworked with photoshop or not. The spring walleye run in DePere, WI (Green Bay area) produces some very big walleye every year. The one reason they get so huge is they have high levels of toxins and 99.9% practice C&R there, allowing them to grow even bigger each year. If you doubt me, check out the Wisconsin fishing reports at LakeLink. Not uncommon to see pics of several walleyes weighing over 15lbs caught each spring there. So in my opinion, that pic is a Walleye caught over in DePere, WI.

Matt

Matt you might be right.

But I looked and saw no real right hand support.
The water moving behind the boat
The lure pointing straight up.

Well there is two differences in the pic you posted Jim and the Cabelas one. The one you posted, the guy had to hold onto the back of the fish better since it was horizontal, the Cabelas pic the guy was holding the fish almost vertical and if you look closely, you can see one of his fingers at the back of the lower fin. The fish would not flop over his right hand much if held that way.

The water moving, could be many things. Boat moving, waves bouncing back off the boat, numerous other things.

Now the jig standing fairly upright seems very odd. Never seen a jig do that on its own regardless of the size of fish. Only explanation there might be somebody wanted the jig in the pic and held the rod tip up to show the jig as well. Still strange that anybody would do that since it is an ordinary type of fishing jig, and not some unique lure that they are trying to market/sell.

BTW, I only seem to have received the Cabelas Marine catalog. Does that catalog with the walleye on the cover have some sort of picture credit and/or info?

To clarify my thoughts... could be a walleye from DePere, pic untouched. If the walleye is not from DePere area, then very skeptical regarding its true size. Yet it is very strange the jig is upright like Jim mentioned. When catching any type of big fish, I personally try to keep the lure or bait hidden to not expose any secrets..lol.

Matt

P.S. To all who have their walleyes posted in here, WTG very nice fish. My personal best so far was a 8lb'er from a northern WI lake. Might make a trip to DePere one of these years when I got gas to waste and do not want to bring home any fish to eat..lol.

I don't know about any of this. Seems to me that it's a real fish and picture. Just like this one......right? :shock:

This is a real nice catch FSNMachine! By the way....how are you supporting that fish in the back? Is there a handle on the other side that you are holding onto?

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 1,093

Latest posts