android weather app?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I'm looking for a GOOD android weather app. I don't like The Weather Channel app. In addition to the normal temperature, I want something that shows barometric pressure over time, humidity, wind direction, forcasts for wind, moon rise/set/stage, current radar, and detailed forcasts for my area.

Basically I want a fishing/hunting forcast tool with the current weather on it. Does this exist?

I know I can get these online, but would love an app to bring it into one area. I was about to buy "mycast" yesterday, but then saw the developer made one version 'classic' and is selling a new version? He got a lot of 'haters' on his reviews - I'd hate to be left behind every 6 months when he wants to make a new version.

Any ideas? I don't mind paying for good service, just don't want to pay 3 times till I find the right one.

Will

Edit: posted this here since I'm sure I'm not the only fisherman who wants this info with his weather.

Try the Weatherbug App. It's what I use and I love it. There is a free version and paid version... only difference I have seen is the ads which don't bother me at all.

If you find one let me know...

As far as the weatherbug app goes, its the biggest power and memory monger, and has the worst ratings of any other app... Its the only app that has ever made my phone freeze, lag, and use around 25% more than normal battery.

For a fishing app I use Tyme2Fish, and for a quick weather update I use Radarnow.

perchin said:
If you find one let me know...

As far as the weatherbug app goes, its the biggest power and memory monger, and has the worst ratings of any other app... Its the only app that has ever made my phone freeze, lag, and use around 25% more than normal battery.

For a fishing app I use Tyme2Fish, and for a quick weather update I use Radarnow.

Yeah, this is what I was reading. I use radarnow and moon phase pro, but wish there was an all in one solution - maybe it's time to make one. You'd think that with 60M fishermen out there and android having a good share of the cell market, someone could make a killing with an all in one weather/fishing app.

Let's see, it should have all the info I listed above (detailed weather info with trending), detailed forcast weather, especially winds (if you are fishing an open lake), gps with satellite mapping so you can mark your favorite spots, linking to lake maps with contours, built in searchable fishing log, ability to share info with friends, and color selector/fishing tips. I would pay for that.

perchin said:

I had similar issues with the paid version but have had none of the issues you mentioned with the free version on my Samsung Fascinate. If nothing else, its worth a try as you can always uninstall if you dont like it and/or it runs poorly on your device.

I hadn't heard of the radarnow app but will certainly give it a look. Thanks!

Latest posts