20 Most Influential Bass Baits...Countdown begins!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W2FTodd

Reaction score
Hey guys, today we start. One every weekday until we reach number one!
Here's number 20:
https://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/51818/20-Most-Influential-Bass-Fishing-Lures-No-20-Zoom-Brush-Hog

What's on your list?

I guess my # 20 on the top 20 list would be the old original Creme worm.. had 2 hooks and some had red beads and some even had a small "propeller". It started at least in my mind, a revaloution in plastics..It is one of the first serious lures I ever really caught lots of fish on...
I will look forward to each days lure choice from you guys..I no doubt will learn much.
Peace
ron

The Senko will be in the top 5 but without a doubt #1 will be the original Creme worm. This worm alone created the whole soft plastics industry!

+1 Totally agree.

This is a great idea too! Thanks W2F! =D>

fender66 said:
The Senko will be in the top 5 but without a doubt #1 will be the original Creme worm. This worm alone created the whole soft plastics industry!

+1 Totally agree.

This is a great idea too! Thanks W2F! =D>

+ 2 Yep... the one's I remember also had the red beads and silver propeller.

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see anywhere that listed any "specifics" to which this countdown entails so with that being said, I would have to say my #1 most influential bass baits would be the nightcrawler. So many soft plastic baits have been derived from this one bait. But if we are going strictly soft plastic, then #1 would be Manns Jelly Worm.

Without a doubt, the Banjo Minnow is #1. Combine the life-like action of the Banjo Minnow with the amazing Odor Removing WonderBar and the fish will literally jump in the boat. All you need is these two items, a little patience, a big smile, and a camera. Youll be in Bassmaster's Lunker Club before Jimmy Houston sets the hook on another 12 pounder in a private pond in Mexico. I mean, what other lure can trigger a genetic response to make fish instinctively bite even when they aren't hungry?

On a real note, Id have to say the Zoom Super Fluke is up there with the best of them. Definitely in my top 3.

Plastic Worm #1 I catch more fish on a worm than all others combined
Tube Jig #2
Spinnerbait #3
Fluke #4
Crankbait#5

I'll have to get some of those Chatterbaits.....

Latest posts