Number 17 - Prelude to the frog??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W2FTodd

Reaction score
Does anyone still throw these? I used to throw Moss Boss's quite a bit but might have to bring this one back out.

https://su.pr/1vnUhr

I bought a used box of tackle a couple of years ago and there were two of these in the lot. I have not used them, but recently found and loaded them up in the tackle box. Any tips on how to work these?

Throw a single or twin tail grub on the back of it and fish it like a frog. Really effective in the slimy stuff as well as the heavy thick areas.

I still fish one.
Like said above,curly tailed grub,fished slowly has a real nice wide wobble.
Can throw it a country mile,weedless and a real nice sparkle.
The pickerel love it,smallies as well.

I've got four in my box -2 large and 2 small, two gold, two silver.... use them tipped with frog pork rinds - used them a lot 40 years ago when I used to fish a lot - before I took a 30 year hiatus from fishing - stated back about 5 years ago.

That is all we used in LA for redfish - great fun!

I still use them on occasion - I just like casting them, you can make them skip or sail in a circle

I probably have 6 or seven of them (small, med, large, silver, gold, black chrome), but I rarely throw them on local lakes. I guess the real reason I have them (and so many of them) is that they are hard to beat on Canada lakes. With all the timber and snags up there, I can still pull that lure through just about anything.

I throw them all the time for northerns in weeds. If you put a little plastic trailer on there it's money.

Ive got at least 10 of them things (if i can find em all) only threw one once and i did catch a yellow perch in the few casts i made with it, but im guessing your suppose to fish it with a swivel because it twisted up my mono like nothing ive ever seen.

Sometimes if you bring it in too fast it will twist up the line. Also, if you use the bigger sizes the line twist usually isn't as much of a problem because the weight of the body is enough to keep wobbling and not flipping completely over.

Haven't used in quite a while. I don't think I ever fished it correctly in the heavy weeds. I have trolled with them using a trailer and yes it will destroy your line in a hurry with out a swivel. even with it gets twisty. Cought Pike and Bass on em though.

Now i am anxious for some weeds to grow, I will be giving these a try this year. With all of the new lures that come out all the time, it is nice to go backwards every once and a while.

Latest posts