Tin Boats Road Trips - 2011?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Anyone doing a road trip to meet up with other Tin Boat members? Last year Jim cam to NJ and Bassaddict, Shammo, Bcritch and myself got together for some breakfast then fun at the Jorsey Shore

This year - BA and myself are heading North to terroize the Cape Cod area after we kidnap Jim.

We might be coming to a town near you (Fishcop and Popeye) very soon

I wish. Because of work I can't take any vacation between May1 and Oct 1. No summer road trip for me. Your post reminded me though that I was recently thinking what fun it would be to have either a national or regional get-together like sports car clubs do. A Tinboats rally would be pretty cool. I don't know how such a thing would be organized as I am no good at that. I think there are members in most of the 50 states plus Australia, so there's no middle place that works - the mid-Pacific? Anyway, it would be fun to meet the people behind the monikers.

BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:
We might be coming to a town near you (Fishcop and Popeye) very soon

I say we 'visit' FishingCop first and grab us a few of them Chicago deep dish pizzas along the way :D

Now, that's a great idea :) :) Look forward to it :)

I'm trying to finagle a trip to New Orleans and go out with Specknreds for a day in mid-June, don't know if I can swing it or not????

Also got a charter scheduled out of Port Clinton on Lake Erie for walleyes on June 24th :) The Wisconsin outing in Madison is only 2 1/2 hours, but is the same weekend I'm fishing Lake Erie :( Anyway, I sold my boat so I would have had to hitch a boat ride with someone else?

bobberboy said:
I wish. Because of work I can't take any vacation between May1 and Oct 1. No summer road trip for me. Your post reminded me though that I was recently thinking what fun it would be to have either a national or regional get-together like sports car clubs do. A Tinboats rally would be pretty cool. I don't know how such a thing would be organized as I am no good at that. I think there are members in most of the 50 states plus Australia, so there's no middle place that works - the mid-Pacific? Anyway, it would be fun to meet the people behind the monikers.

The 2009 Dale Hollow outing was fun ... only about 9 members made it though, but it was a great time and the small-mouth were hitting fairly well... not great, but no one got skunked :)

Yes,I will probably take a long road trip of about 15 miles and meet up with Fender66 or freetofish.Or maybe do the few miles it would take to hook up with jigflip as his place is only about 2miles or less(as the crow flies) from me over on the BigRiver.

I'd like to do a road trip, but the wife says we are booked solid already for the summer.....I'm hoping she's wrong. Either way, I'm hoping to get a road trip in...Maybe to see Quacker at Kentucky Lake or something. If anyone's heading to or through St. Louis......look me up.

Codeman said:
I think we need to get that Kentucky Lake trip put together.

Great Idea Codeman! Just set a date and let me know. My schedule revolves around fishing.The only dates that are out are 4/28-5/8 and 520-5/22. Two weddings to attend,the one in April is at Lake of the Ozarks and the one in May is at Busch Stadium.

I will be in the St. Louis area off and on all summer Fender. Hopefully I will be moving up this way (If I can ever find a job up here). The girl lives in Edwardsville which is like 20mins from St. Louis and I'm up here at least 2 times a week. Would be fun to get together for a day!

baseball_guy_99 said:
I will be in the St. Louis area off and on all summer Fender. Hopefully I will be moving up this way (If I can ever find a job up here). The girl lives in Edwardsville which is like 20mins from St. Louis and I'm up here at least 2 times a week. Would be fun to get together for a day!

Let's plan on it. PM me with your info and we'll take if from there.

There is a TInBoats tournament end of June near Madison WI. Hope you all can make it. Maybe FishinCop can attend and bring some of those pizzas with him? :mrgreen:

Depending on when, I might be able to make a Kentucky Lake trip. Doubt I could go any further, but that far, or anywhere closer is definitely a possibility.

If anyone's interested, late in the year (Nov or Dec), I'm trying to go fishing at one of the power plant waters at Newton Lake in Illinois - between St Loius and Indianapolis. I saw a few shows from John Gilespie showing some really nice bass. Probably my best shot at a 8+lb bass.

I was thinking about trying to go somewhere this summer. Possibly Kentucky lake of reelfoot depending on when I can break free. I do have a gator hunting trip planned in LA for september and thought about wetting a line down there and on my way down or back I'll prolly swing through alabama to see family. Thought about hitting lake Eufala. But if anyone ever makes it through KY and decides to fish Nolin lake or Rough River lake let me know. I'm 5 minutes from Nolin and prolly 15 from Rough.

Latest posts