Storm damage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rweathers1

Reaction score
:x Well yesterday we had some bad storms roll through here, I had some damage from lightning I guess.? Went out to the garage today and found that my on board charger was not working just making a clicking noise. Needless to say now I need to buy a new one......well I guess it could have been worse! Any brand suggestions? My current one is/was a BPS brand will likely go back with that brand but open to suggestions. Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear it! I would stick with basspro if it has served you well. I am a fan of the guest chargers(because I never had issues with one) so I will stick with them.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will head to bass pro this week-end and get another one from them. I think this time I will also put in a GFI outlet!!

not trying to sound stupid or anything but what does an on board charger do? Does it do what it sounds like? charge your battery when it's dead? sorry for the stupid question. But if that is what it does I'd like to get one cuz I'm always worried about runnin outta juice. #-o

susky river runner said:
not trying to sound stupid or anything but what does an on board charger do? Does it do what it sounds like? charge your battery when it's dead? sorry for the stupid question. But if that is what it does I'd like to get one cuz I'm always worried about runnin outta juice. #-o

It is just a charger that is always mounted to the boat - you still need to pub it in to make it work. There are onboard chargers that will not only charge your batteries when connected to your 110 v. outlet but also will charge off the tow vehicle while towing the boat

Latest posts