Cranking Rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
Well I finally finished(well I haven't decaled or signed it yet) my cranker. The blank is a G.Loomis 843 7' Med, mod fast tip. It has American Tackle reel seat and guides and I made the grip turning cork rings on a piece of threaded rod in a drill press(with a couple rubber impregnated rings for bling!). I won't be running red braid on this rod but that's what was on this reel last year and I haven't respooled yet.

CastingRod004.jpg

CastingRod003.jpg

CastingRod002.jpg

CastingRod001.jpg

awsum dude, how long did it take from start to finish? You have the motorized wrapper? (for the guides) Very Nice.

you can't see it but the reel seat has a blue collar and the guides have blue inserts.

I really don't know how long in actual time it took because I would do something and then put it down for a month. I bought the blank in October and made the grip a month later. I got some initial bad advice on the # of guides to use and after a couple re-orders and some good advice from Mattman I'm done!

I hand wrap it and the pic isn't clear enough to see the gaps :lol: I made a stand to wrap on with V-blocks from wood.

I crank with that same rod, cut back to 6'9". You will fall in love with it, then pick up your flipping stick and kick anyone's tail that tries to touch it!

Latest posts