Good junk day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
Our town did their spring cleaning garbage day this weekend. I came up with a few useable items.
1.) A set of crutches for people 5"9' and smaller. My mom works for the township so these have gone to the lending closet.
2.) A US military issued extreme cold sleeping bag rated at -20º look like it was never used.
3.) A Tempo 12gal boat fuel tank. I'm thinking this would be a great tank for my generator. In the area were I live we have lost power for several day for the last few years due to storms.
4.) Some other toys for my nieces and nephew to use in the pool. Kick boards and dive fins.

Nice finds.

Our Spring Clean day should be coming soon.
One year I scored a 1950's metal kitchen sink base cabinet for the garage. I put my 30 gallon parts washer tank where teh sink basin used to go. Metal drawers on each side for cleaning tools and all my grease/grease guns, and the under cabinet area worked great for chemical storage.

They have the town divided into east and west sides next weekend is the west side. I hope to score more good junk. lol

Nice score, I cant wait for the rich neighborhoods to hold there's they throwout all kinds of good stuff its is crazy :roflmao:

Like they always say "One man's junk, is another man's treasure." I agree with that slogan 100%

begs said:
Nice score, I cant wait for the rich neighborhoods to hold there's they throwout all kinds of good stuff its is crazy :roflmao:

Like they always say "One man's junk, is another man's treasure." I agree with that slogan 100%

Yep, and sometimes one man's junk is just another man's junk! :lol:

That's cool!!!! My former plant manager use to do that a couple of times a year and would bring it to work for us to look through and get what we wanted.

Flyer came for ours yesterday, gonna be in 3 weeks. Around here nobody cares if ya start puttin' stuff out a couple weeks early, so we all get plenty of time to browse around. I usually go drive all the back roads a couple times a week after work. Funny thing is, ya start to recognize a lot of the same stuff year after year, just out in front of different houses. I do it, too, stuff I just HAD to grab last year ain't got used yet, I'll put it back out this year.

Oldgeek said:
begs said:

Yep, and sometimes one man's junk is just another man's junk! :lol:

Yes, and it also goes that one man's treasure is another man's junk.

They just started those junk throw away days in my city last year and people go crazy for them! So many guys driving around with trucks and huge flat bed trailers in the middle of the night to get the good stuff before anyone wakes up lol

Latest posts