Dog - Raw food diet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am at a breaking point with my dog. Every single food I have tried still does nothing, he is an itchy scratchy dog. I bathe him in special shampoos, clean his ears all the time, Claritin and Benadryl. We dont have carpets, and we wash the wooden floors on a normal time scale. We have not changed laundry stuff, no new chemicals, no candles, nothing along those lines. It has to be his food.

I am thinking if trying a raw food diet.

We had a major issue with my American Bulldog's skin and we switched her food to a Venison and rice meal food and it fixed everything.

wife's nephew has an english bulldog, (talk about sensitive skin, etc) he has been feeding his dog Nutro brand lamb and rice formula and it has almost eliminated the "hot spots" his dog had. I started my boxer on the same about a month ago, and the skin blemishes on her feet have almost disappeared after about one month. It's on the high $$ side at ~$50 for a 35lb bag, but well worth imo if you care for you dog. I get mine at Tractor Supply, but most big box pet stores carry it as well. My boxer was on the "chicken soup brand", she liked it but was always suspicious that dog food was causing her some issues. My boxer has not had any issues with this Nutro brand at all.

We had the same problem with our Boston Terrier. On the recommendation of my Step Mom (she's a vet), we started the dog on a diet of Natures Variety Instinct Rabbit Formula raw diet. This cleaned her up very quickly. Only problem was the food was SUPER expensive. I may have been cheaper to feed the dog lobster every night. We then switched to Instinct Kibble Rabbit formula, and she is doing fine on it, and cleaned right up. The kibble is a LOT cheaper than the raw diet too.

Hope this helps!! It certainly helped our pup.

n658256823_1240748_3740.jpg

I know several greyhound owners that feed their dogs raw and it works great for them. Greyhounds normally eat a raw diet from the time their pups until they retire off the track. We don't feed ours raw simply due to the logistics and time involved to keep enough on hand for 5 dogs, otherwise I would. It's what dogs were meant to eat.

One of our hounds has a wheat allergy and we have him on one of the 'Taste of the Wild' blends and it works very good for him.

I hope you find the right mix for him.

Latest posts