Are you smarter than a 11 year old?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
My son has a question. If a normal lake level is 552.0 and is currently 551.81 then how many inches does it have left to fill to normal pool? To be honest I was not real sure, I kinda forgot how to do that stuff a few years ago!! :oops:

I'm guessing that these numbers are in inches, as measured at a fixed point in the lake, and that your lake is normally about 46 feet deep at that point. That would make Waterwings calculations correct.

My calculator says.....

Attachments

• Calculations.JPG
    Calculations.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 443
DocWatson said:
I'm guessing that these numbers are in inches, as measured at a fixed point in the lake, and that your lake is normally about 46 feet deep at that point.
Nope, those numbers are feet, measured from mean sea level (average sea level). Least it should be, as that is how lakes are officially measured - his very well could be an unofficial measurement of sorts. But anyway, he is .19 feet low, which equates to 2.28 inches.

Man, I wish I could measure my lake with .19 feet low. We usually measure Allatoona with about 19 feet low :? Not quite, normal winter pool is 17 feet low, but due to the drought this year, it got to 22 feet low.

...those numbers are feet, measured from mean sea level

bassboy, You're absolutely correct, as it is measured in feet (at mean sea level) :) . I went to the Ky Fish & Wildlife site to re-educate myself, lol.

I guess as we get further away from 11 yrs old we lose some of that schoolin' we were taught, lol. :)

Waterwings said:
I guess as we get further away from 11 yrs old we lose some of that schoolin' we were taught, lol. :)
Naw, you mentioned math being your weak subject. It just so happens to be my strong one. That, and the physical sciences.

Now, if you asked a biology related question, I wouldn't be anywhere close. :?

Latest posts