Fishing N.IL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begs

Reaction score
Does anyone on here fish in or around mchenry county? Just looking for some fishing buddies. I fish sometimes in the chain o lakes. Just want to see if anyone is around by me.

You are right up near Popeye ----- I think you too met in the new members section.

I wold be helpful if you updated your profile with your location. :)

When I am up there ( usually most of the summer) I fish Silver Lake, Wisconsin. It is right over the line, next to Wilmot, WI. I will also fish Delavan and sometimes Okauchee/Oconomowoc/Pewaukee for Muskies.

I used to keep my 16ft Carolina Skiff on the Illinois Chain. In two years I did a LOT of fishing and darn little catching. I would often go three and four times a week in the mornings.

I think that the re-stocking money for fisheries in ILL went to Springfield and never came back home. Wisconsin seems to do a better job of putting fish back in the lakes.

So, if you have an interest in trying some Southern Wisconsin lakes, you are welcome to join me some morning during the week. I rarely fish on weekends, due to the crowds.

If you want me to join you someday for a shot at the Chain again, I will buy an Illinois license. I always buy a Wisconsin non-resident license. It isn't cheap, but is worth it to me. I don't buy an Illinois non-resident because I rarely fish in Illinois. But I will if it makes sense this next year.

We won't arrive in Fox Lake until June 1 this year, due to some travel plans.

Presume you are aware of the Tinboats fishing outing in late June, near Madison Wi. I intend to be there if I can find a tinny owner to ride with. They probably wouldn't like to see my fiberglass Carolina Skiff show up. My tinny - 160W Lowe - stays here in TX.
Rich

Oh yes....I should have mentioned that I used to own a place on Mc Cullom Lake. I wade fished the shoreline in the evening. Caught a fair number of smallish bass and northerns.

If you want to do that sometime, I still have a friend who will let us park and walk on the lake from her place. If you are a Mc Henry town resident, then you can park and walk on from the big park...(name now forgotten). I can show you a nice wade with good potential with-in a few hundred yards of the beach.

Nothing like wading waist deep and catching a twenty inch northern, inches from your nose! They often would jump when they saw me, ..and scare the begeebers out of me... Fun!

Rich

Do you fish the Fox? Wading under the bridges towards St Charles can be good for smallish small mouth bass. Free lined Senkos or imitations caught me a dozen brownbacks one afternoon. Rich

Rich that sure sounds like some fun times, as for the chain yes alot of fishing and not much catching goes for me too LOL.

as for fishing wi I havent done much, never got a license but plan on it when I get a bit of xtra cash. that fish outing in madison sounds like fun times, I will have to check my work schedule and see if I work that week,

as for fishing during the week that is perfect for me cause I only work 4 days a week 12hrs a day. You will have to hit me up when you make a run up here and we will have to hit a wi lake and catch some big fish LOL

as for mccullom lake, I ice fish it alot and have pretty much caught every big fish in that **** lake,

hope to fish with you soon

lckstckn2smknbrls and begs...why not also add Outdoorsman....who frequents this group AND lives on Silver Lake....and get together and fish NOW???

Waiting for me is way too long of a time. You three can find all of the good spots and then share that info with me when I arrive. Ha ha

Do It! regards, Rich

Latest posts