Easter Weekend Fishing (in GA)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
My kiddos will be with the in-laws for Easter weekend. I'm planning on putting in some hardcore fishing time! If any of the GA crew (or nearby TinBoaters) want to "hook up" (pun intended with mouth of fish :wink: ) lemme know!

I plan to chunk the swimbait till my arm falls off :LOL2:

Hope you catch lots of fish with the swimbait. As you can see from my pics, I been throwing swimbaits alot and have been having some good results. I do have one swimbait that is hard plastic, not soft that I've not caught one on yet. I've had them come up behind it and nip at it but they never committed. It is shaped and colored like a bluegill bream. I think it might work pretty good for the next few weeks with the bream starting to go on the beds. Good fishin, Scott Woody

lswoody said:
Hope you catch lots of fish with the swimbait. As you can see from my pics, I been throwing swimbaits alot and have been having some good results. I do have one swimbait that is hard plastic, not soft that I've not caught one on yet. I've had them come up behind it and nip at it but they never committed. It is shaped and colored like a bluegill bream. I think it might work pretty good for the next few weeks with the bream starting to go on the beds. Good fishin, Scott Woody

Thanks woody. I'm still new at swimbait fishing, but something I learned a couple years ago is if you see one following it, don't slow it down. I had a big fish do the same thing you mentioned and I slowed the bait down when I saw here trailing it. The fish came up, stared at it, took a nip, then took off. I feel like if I would have sped it up, it naturally looks like it's trying to get away and would have gotten her to swallow it. I've since changed ways, and have caught 2 fish by doing just that. It's just hard for me to do when you see jaws trailing the bait. I have to remind myself that I can't reel the bait faster than that fish can swim!

Brine said:
lswoody said:

Thanks woody. I'm still new at swimbait fishing, but something I learned a couple years ago is if you see one following it, don't slow it down. I had a big fish do the same thing you mentioned and I slowed the bait down when I saw here trailing it. The fish came up, stared at it, took a nip, then took off. I feel like if I would have sped it up, it naturally looks like it's trying to get away and would have gotten her to swallow it. I've since changed ways, and have caught 2 fish by doing just that. It's just hard for me to do when you see jaws trailing the bait. I have to remind myself that I can't reel the bait faster than that fish can swim!

That last sentence is so true!!!! Thanks for the tip, will try that next time!!!!!

Latest posts