Hope everyone is ok

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard there were 7 here in Alabama that died as a result of those storm. It got kinda ruff here Fri. nite/Sat. morn. The storm sirens went off a little before midnite, so we headed up to the church and was there for about 45 minutes. There were no more storms in my area after that.

Looks like 7 killed in VA, only about an hour from here. About 20 in NC.

https://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/three-people-killed-tornados-gloucester-40-across-us

a guy i kno in raleigh nc lost everything, house, truck,everything. lots of devastation in eastern nc.

I was listening to a video post where the weather person was saying that this kind of destructive tornado is more typical of the mid-western states, especially those in "tornado alley". The damage and loss of life is really sad to hear about. I have family in Wichita, KS and they have a "safe room" in their house. It's essentially a bunker where the walls, floor and ceiling are all made of reinforced concrete. It has a steel door that even has the jambs filled with concrete. When the weather threatens they've got a good shelter and given the number of severe storms they see in an average summer, they use it often. Best of luck to any of you who have been affected by the storms.

Latest posts