Ford Windstars????????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
Possibly getting a Windstar but I need to know if they are known for any little "glitches" or difficulties in motors,trannies etc.
If any of you have some info I could use it! Thanks :)

What year?

I bought my parents a Windstar after I won my first big case - what a POS!

We had to replace the tranny 2x and the engine once. Ford paid for some of the fixes as they were vehicle defects but it was a battle with them.

Lady driven.....thats the last feature I want to see on a used car. I know how my mom, sister, girlfriend, and other girl friends drive and take care of their car :shock: I'll pass

We had a '01 Windstar we bought used with about 36k miles on it.

1) Repeat problems with the interior lights staying on after the doors were closed. I had to remove the bulbs (5-7 of them as I recall) so as not to let them burn all night and drain the battery. Had it to the dealer 3 times for the same problem. Something to do with the doors and some kind of switch (I never could find it) that was supposed to work when the doors open-closed.

2) Rear hatch latch wouldn't "click" properly sometimes, so it would sometimes not be latched correctly. Dealer fixed it.

Traded it in.

Don't do it! We had a 99 Windstar about 3 1/2 years ago. Only owned it for a little over a year and nothing but problems. Engine light every month or so with something needing to be fixed and the trans. was starting to go so we got rid of it. Thought I got a great deal as well as it only had 40,000 miles on it when we picked it up in 04. PIECE OF JUNK !!!! PIECE OF JUNK!!!! :evil:

jkbirocz said:
Just buy Jap, the extra money will pay off.
I know what ya mean. We have a Toyota Camry now and I love it but Im not sure we can find a good used one that will fit the budget.
I think i've changed my mind on the Windstar.
Thanks guys for the help.

Steer clear of windstars. I know a guy who bought a new one in 99' and he had two motors go in it plus a tranny in the first three years. The two engines were under warranty, but the tranny wasn't. I know three or four other people who have had trans problems, motor problems, or both.

Latest posts