Western Illinois Universty Fishing Team

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BYOB Fishing

Reaction score
I received word earlier that the WIU fishing team, which I have supplied some cranks to here recently, placed 1st and 4th at the 2011 Illinois Collegiate State Championship Bass Tournament this weekend on Jacksonville Lake. I'll update again when I get a hold of some more photos and information.

If you're not aware, bass fishing is really becoming hot at the colleges and universities around the country. I really wish I could do more than just supply some lures...many of these teams don't receive the same funding that the more traditional sports teams have access to, so they are often cover their expenses out of their own pockets or with small donations from parents or whatever sponsorship they can scratch up. If you have a few, check out https://www.collegebass.com/schools.aspx and see if a school near you is listed and become a fan of their team!

Matt

Good to hear! You should sponsor the MSU fishing team. My buddy is the VP, and they get their butts handed to them in all the FLW tournaments :lol:

(I only say that because he trolls this site once in a while) :wink:

Who puts on the "College Bass" tournaments? ESPN?

I've only heard of the FLW having a main stream college tour.

Congrats.

Not sure about the other states, however Illinois also has High School Bass Fishing leagues. Check them out and sponsor/support your local team too.

Latest posts