Winter Purchases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I was getting started going through my tackle and putting stuff away in the boxes. Apparently I had purchased a lot of stuff this winter! I put a good amount away, then thought to take a picture of the stuff still to go. Seems like every time I read about a technique or thought I'd want to try something, I bought a couple of lures to try out. This year the only real goal I have it to learn to catch some crappie and fish a jig a few times. But I should be prepared for most types of fishing! :D

2011-04-19winterpurchases.jpg

i ve done real well for crappie with a 1/32 oz tube jig that i tie a lil marabou on red and white seem to be the killers, but one pattern i do rather well on is white marabou, and a lil peacock herl, adds pretty good flash looks like bait fish, that with a lil quantum micro light 4lb test a 10" crappie feels like a freight train, god i gotta get on the water!!!!!

Nice collection.
I too decided to try a new technique. Tubes for Bass, and bought "some" stuff and a new box to put it all in. :mrgreen:

Thats great!

Every year for Christmas my folks give me a $200 gift card to Cabelas. It usually takes me a month or two to put the whole order together .... when the box arrives I go nuts and spend all night in the basement looking over all the new stuff and organizing my bags. I feel like a kid again!

Had to buy another fishing box today to get everything to fit and catergorized correctly. Actually two fishing boxes, one to replace a smaller one. Put both to good use. Shouldn't have to buy more gear the rest of the year!

Well, I was going through all my gear this weekend and found another bag of misc lures/rigs and stuff with my hunting gear. Then I remembered I had missed a whole nother bag of stuff from one of the trips when Target was having a clearance sale and I bought a bagful... Now I need to make room for this stuff too...

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17332&p=178081#p178081

Yikes, How many other bags are just wandering around?

I always get myself into trouble when I go to Bass Pro with one of my girls instead of my wife. I get a cart to haul my daughter in, and it ends up full of gear! Many days are like Christmas in my garage when I'm cleaning and find a BPS bag full of goodies that I forgot I had bought!

Latest posts