Was unaware about the rules on striped bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
These are the Ky 07-08 fees, which expire 2-28 of each year:

LICENSE/PERMIT
a) RESIDENT
b) NON-RESIDENT

Annual Fishing
a) $20
b) $50

Joint Husband/Wife Annual Fishing (This what my wife & I get)
a) $36

1 Day Fishing
a) $7
b) $10

Nonresident 7-Day Fishing
$30

Nonresident 15-Day Fishing
$40

Trout Permit
a) $10
b) $10

i got a lifetime license when i hit 16 best investment ever. Glad to hear nj is tryin to protect the stripers.

Fishin NJ said:
It is illegal to possess any striped bass which is less than the legal minimum size of 28 inches. A person shall not fillet, or remove the head or tail, or parts thereof, of any striped bass at sea.

Harvest and possession of striped bass from federal waters (outside three miles) is prohibited.

Sale of striped bass in New Jersey is prohibited.

Closed Seasons

No person may take, attempt to take, or have in possession any striped bass from the following closed waters:

Jan. 1–Feb. 28 —

All waters closed except the Atlantic Ocean from 0-3 miles offshore. All inlets and bays are delineated from ocean waters by a Colregs Demarcation line.

April 1–May 31—

Delaware River and Bay and their tributaries closed

from the upstream side of the Calhoun St. bridge downstream to and

including the Salem River and its tributaries.

Non-offset circle hooks are required to reduce striped bass by catch mortality while fishing with natural bait during the striped bass springtime spawning area closure within the Delaware River and its tributaries. This restriction does not apply to hook sizes smaller than size 2.

That has been the wording for NJ for at least the past two years. I have never looked at Jersey regs before that because I didn't have a boat.

Waterwings said:
These are the Ky 07-08 fees, which expire 2-28 of each year:

LICENSE/PERMIT
a) RESIDENT
b) NON-RESIDENT

Annual Fishing
a) $20
b) $50

Joint Husband/Wife Annual Fishing (This what my wife & I get)
a) $36

1 Day Fishing
a) $7
b) $10

Nonresident 7-Day Fishing
$30

Nonresident 15-Day Fishing
$40

Trout Permit
a) $10
b) $10

Sure wish they wouldn't have raised the KY non resident to $50 last year. :twisted:

Sure wish they wouldn't have raised the KY non resident to $50 last year.

Yeah, they went up on most of their fees; of course they justified it with stating the number of years they'd not raised any of the fees, but I feel it probably lessened the number of non-residents who might have been regulars who came to Ky to fish.

I bought a Family non-res WI license with 2 inland trout stamps (stamps must be bought for each angler), cost $85.00. Wife never wet a line, said she would rather watch me fish than her do it. This year I'll just get the one for me and 2 trout stamps (one inland and one Great Lakes) and that will be $70.00. Illinois will cost me $13.00 for the wife's license and an additional $6.50 for the Great Lakes Salmon Stamp. That is if she wants to go out fishing in the boat with me this year. I am exempt from needing an Illinois hunting/fishing license due to my military disability rating.

And your full price licenses are higher as well. Ours are $13.00, leave it to Illinois to come up with some sort of screwy price. The VA issues an affidavit for hunting/fishing which never expires and excludes us from needing to buy a license. You must have a 10% rating or higher to get it, which is the lowest rating (above zero that is) issued by the VA.

Latest posts