side job idea need some opinions.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200racing

Reaction score
here whats going on.
i started looking for bulk deals on baits for personal use. i found some good stuff. which got me thinking about getting a booth a popular local once a month flea market. prices im thinking about are trick worms,curl tail worms, baby brush hogs,5"lizzards and ribbontail worms $5-20 or . 7''lizzards would be $6-20.
would you buy generic baits at this price? would it need to be cheaper to get your business, am i in line or could i get alittle more for the baits?

dont sugar coat your opinion i need the truth.i have nothing more in this then some time thinking and this post.

In my opinion it is more than price. If your booth and presentation are awesome and you are go getter and believe in what you are selling, anything is possible. Will you make some money....possibly. I can envision a booth with all these plastics on it, poster boards of pictures of baits caught on these lures.........It could work.

Are you willing to spend the money and time up front?

I go to the local yearly fishing show and they have a booth of generic worms they sell by weight. They give you a paper bag and you get this and that and whatever and then you weigh it and pay. That booth always has people in it.

I go to the local yearly fishing show and they have a booth of generic worms they sell by weight. They give you a paper bag and you get this and that and whatever and then you weigh it and pay. That booth always has people in it.

That sounds interesting. I'd check that out.

On the weekends, I'm either fishing,hunting, working on the house, or at soccer pracitice/games. Not much time to attend the markets unless it's raining or snowing, and they don't have them much that time of year. Maybe make trip there and see what your target audience would look like? You might have to market to the spouses/friends than the fishermen.

wasilvers said:
On the weekends, I'm either fishing,hunting, working on the house, or at soccer pracitice/games. Not much time to attend the markets unless it's raining or snowing, and they don't have them much that time of year. Maybe make trip there and see what your target audience would look like? You might have to market to the spouses/friends than the fishermen.

I agree with Silvers..... You need 2 research the market in your area, survey ppl attending the market for a bit and get a feel how the patrons would react to such a market/ purchasing opportunity. It is a great idea for sure, but it is a matter of supply and demand. Research is KEY before ANY business venture.

Latest posts