1999 Caravan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
Alright,for those of you who looked at the "Ford Windstar" topic,I have decided to throw that idea out and look into getting a 99 Dodge Caravan.
I need a little info on it also if you have any.
P.S.Thanks for all the info on the Windstar :mrgreen:

Can't tell you anything about a '99. Daughter has a '94 Grand Voyager Same critter, different grill emblem. Hers has 140,000 miles on it and this thing has been through Hell and back. It's been crashed and thrashed, used and abused. We got it free because my buddy's daughter rammed a fire hydrant and broke part of the front suspension and pushed the fender into the tire. Daughter has been driving it daily for over a year since I straightened out the front end and she has had to replace the water pump (1st one in 140,000 miles) and the wiper motor went out... twice. Autozone has a lifetime warranty on it so the second one was free. Sliding door doesn't work but it was pretty much racked when we got it and then when her friends at the Mexican bar she works at decided to help get her in her van after locking the keys in using two crowbars sort of finished it off. (MORONS) It now takes two people (and perfect timing) to get the slider to close and latch.

kentuckybassman said:
Alright,for those of you who looked at the "Ford Windstar" topic,I have decided to throw that idea out and look into getting a 99 Dodge Caravan.
I need a little info on it also if you have any.
P.S.Thanks for all the info on the Windstar :mrgreen:

My cousin had a caravan :shock:

All I can tell you is that my brother had one and he loved it. He is very hard on vehicles and it lasted him 3 years and i think thats a record for him. I wont let him drive my car. Its the only ride i have and he is trashing it for me. I say if the price is right buy it! I think all vehicles are junk unless you happen to get lucky and get a good one!

Well,these reviews are better than the Windstars for sure!!
As for the right price like mtnman asked about, I know the dealer (worked w/ him at my last job) and he said I could just trade my wifes 98 Camry straight across for it so the only $ I would be out is just the license stuff & :arrow: taxes :evil: Anyway keep the reports coming good or bad,they are very helpful!! Thanks G.

I've had three caravans over the past 10 years, from brand new to used. Nothen major to report.

I actually used one for Huntin season, took all the seats out for it. Hunten guys look at ya differant when you pull up in that :p

I got the wife a 94 now, its actually got a 4cid in it(odd i think). I just replaced the oil seal around the cam two months ago, it purrs like a kitten.

But, they all have given me the same problem. Tires seem to go bad on them. I mean flat out fried-broken belts to warps

I've had goodyears down to royals on my vans and they all seem to go bad after a year+ its weird, I don't know if its got somethin to do with the chassy on these things or what. I got to get a new set on this used van we have now soon :? they are about 14months old snf already two are beyond fixing. (sorry i tried to blame it on the wife, it didn't work)

Latest posts