St. Louis Storm!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Whoa!

Man...the storm that came through St. Louis on Friday night was a nasty one. I was called in to work off the lake this morning because a tornado tore half the roof off of our building. (our building is about the size of 2or so Super Wal Mart stores. If you saw anything about Lambert Airport in St. Louis....my place of work is right next to the airport. Everything is tore up. I had about 4 or 5 inches of water in my studio. Not sure when we will be called back to "work".

Dang that sux, Chris. I saw the airport damge shown on the news, and it didn't look good. Hope your workplace is up and running soon.

We have another line of storms coming-in later tonight and tomorrow also. We were under another tornado warning earlier today when a severe thunderstorm blew through here, but thankgoodness it didn't last long. This weather is really starting to suck.

it was a rough one dont look like its goin to let up enytime soon were abouts are you from waterwings ?

Been working all day in the storm damage. They say it is the worst since 1920's. To see it first hand is like a bad dream, just nuts. Mother nature is another woman that needs a ton of respect.

When the tornado sirens go off - don't think you are too tough for it. It hits and it hits HARDER THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE!!!! Devistating to say the least. Your town and neighborhood and community are far more important than you could ever imagine. I saw acts of kindness today that people of this site would respect. Please remember that even that neighbor that put a rut in your yard still need help when **** hits the fan. It just puts it all in perspective.

Hey Chris, you'll be back sooner than you think bud. We worked on it yesterday for about 12hrs to cover the 75x60ft hole the tornado ripped out of the center of the building. Also fixed the most important damage over the Main elctrical panel ,computers in the offices and the IT area. I was there until 7pm.
Went back today and spent 7hrs repairing the other 1000 or so rips tears and holes the storm did. It picked up 5000lb HVAC units and tossed them across the roof. There is sheets of decking strewn across the 'Long Term Parking' lot next door,rapped around cars,trucks and light posts. About 90% of the windows in the vehicles are blown out.
My Aunt&Uncle live in Bridgeton near Pattonville High School where a lot of the damage occured. I missed the turn to their house,as I was checking on them to see how they fared. I ended up in the middle of ground zero. Hard to describe the scene except surreal. I've never been in the middle of such destruction before. I feel for those folks over there.
As for my Aunt&Uncle, they made it through unscathed. Just a few blocks south and to the west,massive destruction.

Here is some video I found at https://www.weather.com.

https://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/security-video-of-airport-tornado-20424

Hey Steve...thanks for your hard work. I was there yesterday afternoon trying to secure my studio. I had no idea you were on my roof. I actually stayed only for about an hour though as there wasn't any power and the clean up crews seemed to have everything under control. If you looked to the parking lot when I was there, you'd have seen the "TinJet" behind my truck. I came straight from the lake. They actually called me in the AM right after I talked to you and asked me to come in to help clean up. I told them I'd be in later as I was way out of town and on the water.

I did get an email from one of our VPs saying that we will have work tomorrow but to wear jeans because we all will probably be cleaning up. I can't wait to get back in there. No...not really.

I have been told that this was a class 4 tornado that was on the ground for about 26 miles. Not sure of the validity since I haven't had time to sit and watch any news yet, but from what I did see....it's the worst I've ever witnessed.

Anyway...thanks to all for the well wishes. I hope you all are safe and having a Blessed Easter.

I looked every chance I got,must have missed you. Thought you might have been by there. I was pretty busy working on the Office area,getting those important areas dry. About the only chance I got to take a brake was when the HVAC guys brought in the BIG crane. I was done with what I HAD to do so I took 10min to watch them set it up. Sure hope we got everything,there was a lot. We're bound to have missed something.
The section that blew off was over my favorite part of the plant. Looking at all the new equipment in the demonstration area,I was like a 'kid in a candy store'.

I was right there too.....sorry I missed you. Maybe breakfast soon. I'm out of town at Table Rock next weekend for another touney. Maybe the following weekend.

I was up on the office roof,near where that HVAC unit was hanging off the edge.

Have to do breakfast sometime later in May. Thursday I leave for LOZ for 11 days,will be back May 9th. Big week at the lake. My sister is coming in from San Diego to get married down there on April 30. Then on the 1st,Margaret and I are heading over Horseshoe Bend.She is staying untill Thursday,the my tournament partner is comming down. We have a tournament on the 7th.

Good luck in your tourney at the Rock.

Latest posts