Photoshop or powerplant?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at first i thought wow, but then i noticed how big his finger is, holding that fish right up to the camera

Photoshop of a mounted fish. Notice the white edge on the fins (pixilation remnants), unnatural pose of the fish and plastic gleam to the skin.... and where is that guy's right hand ??? :roll:

I'm with ya docwatson....very unnatural pose. I've never had a bluegill do the open mouth flare like that while holding in that fashion. I also see what ya mean about the shellac look about it. Either way....that was one big baitfish!

200racing said:
if it was a mounted fish why would you mount it flat with it dorsal fin folded down?
I wouldn't, but I've seen many mounts posed in unnatural positions, doing things that the animal/fish would never do in the wild.

I am voting for a real fish; held far out in front to make it look bigger; shot with a small, wide angle lens ( allows for both front and back of the scene to be in focus, sort of).

I've always wondered if people.... who hold fish out two feet in front of them.... actually think that they are fooling anyone who knows fishing. duhhhh rich

Jim said:
DocWatson said:

I have no idea, It was posted on a local forum so I had to post it here. :lol:
Reason I ask is that the guy who posted it on this other site seems to be playing with these folks. He hints that it looks like a mount and other odd comments. :?

Edited to add..... I have to say, after a closer inspection of the full size photo, that it is indeed a real photo (fish held close to the camera, but real). No one would go to the trouble of creating this shadow line just for grins.

Attachments

• Big Gill Hybrid detail.jpg
    Big Gill Hybrid detail.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 404
That is a monstrous bluegill.

In my little pond, before they stocked the big cats, we had some "bream" bluegill/sunfish that were larger, by far, than anything I ever saw up in the North.

No where near as large as the one pictured, however. Long growing season, or Utility-heated-lakes sure lets them grow.

Rich

As a photographer and photoshop professional....I'd say it's a real photo, but taken with a wide angle lens and the fish is held way out in front of the guy. It's all about perspective.

fender66 said:
As a photographer and photoshop professional....I'd say it's a real photo, but taken with a wide angle lens and the fish is held way out in front of the guy. It's all about perspective.
A photographer & Photoshop pro and you let us go through all that ??? [-X :wink:

DocWatson said:
fender66 said:
A photographer & Photoshop pro and you let us go through all that ??? [-X :wink:

Sorry....I was late. Been busy. You should never trust a photo though. I can create images that you'd swear are real when they aren't. Even the shadows that someone mentioned can be done right.

This isn't finished and needs more work, but an example of what can be done in a few minutes. I actually have a full head of hair.

Again....this is a work in progress and not complete so no need to point out the mistakes. I know what they are. :wink:

Attachments

• Bald.jpg
    Bald.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 375