April a record breaker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Got this off a site to day, its few days old tho

"April 2011 could turn out to be the most active tornado month in the U.S. ever. The record to break is 543 tornadoes during the month of May, 2003. So far this month, there have been 509 tornado reported. This number is usually a little inflated because many times several reports are referring to one tornado. But with 9 days left in the month and the active weather pattern continuing, we could see that number climb even higher."

You can read and see the map here
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/21/2011-a-record-tornado-year/

Yes, pretty tragic. We've been getting some pretty stormy wetahre here yesterday and today but, fortunately, no tornadoes. Biggest waves I have ever seen on Lake Ontario this morning.

I'm hoping all of the members are okay.

That storm front had been camped out over AR, TN, KY, MO and IL for several days. We were under either a tornado watch or warning for 3 straight days. We had a storm come through at 12:30 am Tuesday packing 120+ mph winds. The destruction stretches for nearly 30 miles from north to south and I am unsure how far east to west. Several homes and vehicles destroyed and untold hundreds of trees snapped or uprooted.

Luckilly I did not get any real damage to my house or property. My trees had pretty well been pruned by the 2007 ice storm and a couple of other violent storms. I have several neighbors that lost trees and knocked out electricity to the area. I got power back about 7:30 am Tuesday morning but my immediate neighbors beside and behind me are still without.

The weather in northeast Arkansas has been crazy lately! yesterday afternoon a little 15 minute storm came thru and at least 2 tornadoes were spotted... one less than a mile from my house! luckily it hit mostly farmland in my area but the straightline winds did blow a grain bin over on a house and blew a house into the road but no deaths thankfully. It's good to finally see a sunny day!

arkansasnative said:
...It's good to finally see a sunny day!

Absolutely! The roofer is coming tomorrow to replace the shingles I lost a few days ago due to straight-line winds. They stated that this raea here went 6 straight days with either a tornado watch/warning. Two nights ago the siren didn't sound before thunderstorm rolled through here, then I heard that the siren had been struck by lightening. :shock:

Was pretty ruff around Tuscaloosa yesterday and my cousin and her husband lost the roof to there house in Pell City. Glad it wasn't to bad down my way.