bad weather report

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freetofish

Reaction score
I hope and pray none of our Tinboat friends have been caught up in the terrible weather... That includes southern Missouri with all their high water. Please let the forum know that you are all well. If not well then what can we do to help you out.
Peace
ron

Right in the middle of it. My house is on high ground so no worries there. I was finally back on a normal schedule today, as we let the evacuees go home here in town today. We narrowly missed a tornado yesterday on top of everything else. It touched down in an open field and went right back up, we had golf ball size hail earlier in the day than that. It was very nice to awake to the beautiful blue skies this morning. Although I wasn't out in the weather I worked a lot of hours starting at midnight Saturday night.

Glad to hear you guys are OK Codeman, we to are experiencing allot of flooding, our house is high and dry thank goodness, but some other families I know are in a bind, some flooded basements, and crawl spaces and allot of washed out roads in the area. We to had a tornado yesterday, it went about 90 miles south of us, luckily it jumped the city just on time and no damage was done. Best of luck every one. a few prayers for those who may need it [-o< [-o<

Yeah I've got a buddy that lives in a low area, his house actually sits up pretty high so he is ok there but his shop has water in it and they can't get home. Have no idea how long it will take for the water to go down.

Here in Knoxville, Tennessee we got slammed also. It was just plain scary watching Doppler radar showing supercells lined up one behind the other and marching northeast along Highway 411 from Chattanooga to Knoxville and out the other side into southwest Virginia. We had flooding in west Knoxville along with golf ball-sized hail that's going to keep roofers and auto body repair shops working overtime for months. One supercell would hit with wind and rain like I've never seen before and then it would get quiet, the rain would stop and then pick up again a little while later when the next cell would hit. Every few minutes the weather coverage was interrupted by the National Weather Service broadcasting a warning that a storm capable of producing a tornado was somewhere nearby but they all missed us, thank goodness. The cars and boat were under a carport and we got no damage at all.

pretty quiet here in ohio(thankfully) but hope everyone is ok, lot of bad stuff going on out there we got some nasty winds the other night and more rain but no twisters

Other than last tuesday we have been pretty lucky here in Southern Illinois. Just a whole lotta rain!

A town south of us is in danger of the levee breaking. It's right along the Mississippi.

A small river that runs through a town next to us just broke the record high by .68" and its expected to raise another 3ft before it crests...

Drove from Atlanta to Nashville and back today.

Saw evidence of what looked like 2 seperate tornados that went through GA straight across the insterstate near Ringold, GA.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected and to lives lost. The images I've seen of Tuscaloosa, AL are catastrophic.

My aunt and uncle live within 4 miles of Ringold and she teaches school there. My cousin sent me some facebook pics yesterday and it looks like it wiped the town out.

They are calling for 2 to 4 more inches of rain for here Sunday and Monday. That's going to make an already bad flooding situation even worse.

Well, I have had 15.7" in my gauge as of today, and 2" to 4" more on the way tonight. Wappapello just keeps getting bigger. I live on the upper end of the flood area of the lake, just south of Sam A Baker St. Park. I guess we are the last farm on the upper end of the Wappapello lake flood area. It has pushed the river back up into our lower pastures. I THINK SOMEONE IS LOOKING OUT FOR ME, So far I have only had to replace 1 water gap to keep the cattle in. 21 head cows and 6 calves swam out Thurs. One calf was only 1 1/2 weeks old and they all made it out somehow. Could not believe it. The water was swift. The lake has St. Francis River backed up right in front of my house and they are sand bagging the highways in front also but I could have it a lot worse. We are safe and haven't lost anything and some people has lostly mostly everything. My Jet Boat is sitting in the shop building and it is going to stay there. Guess I am a fair weather fisherman.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 470
Sorry to here you are getting all that water man. Ours was starting to go down. My brother called, he works at Dudley, he is on stand by to go sand bag. Corp called his boss and told them Dudley will be in serious trouble if they lose control of the lake. Sounds like it might be a real possibility now. NOT GOOD. Guess my boat will be sitting for quite a while too.

Went to Hickory Log and eat ribs tonight and looked at all the water but from what I have on the upper end I was looking that they would have more water below the dam but I guess holding back the water is helping them below the dam. I am still dry for now.

Latest posts