Striper fishing in AR

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
I'm wanting to go striper fishing in my favorite lake in AR (Norfork) especially afterseeing these pictures from Blackburns Resort.

Attachments

• bt-005.jpg
    bt-005.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Heres another one that would have been fun to catch!!
If you go to AR. much you gotta check out Blacburns Resort. He obviously knows where the fish are!!!

Attachments

• bt-002.jpg
    bt-002.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,149
they dont look like wipers to me, not bad looking fish, bigger than i catch in the river, smaller than I catch in the bay.

This may be a dumb question but what are wipers? Are they a hybrid between a striper and a white bass? Around here, we just call em Hybrids and everyone knows what you're talking about.

Those are not wipers, they have solid stripes and the body shape is of a purebred. A wiper is a hybrid, I call them hybrids too. Of course I never catch any of either, but I sure would like to.

jkbirocz said:
Those are not wipers, they have solid stripes and the body shape is of a purebred. A wiper is a hybrid, I call them hybrids too. Of course I never catch any of either, but I sure would like to.

I think I am going to agree with you. What do you guys think?, Look at this link!

https://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/fishing/fish_id_gallery/wiper :D

I believe that a "whiper" is another name for a white bass.

They are both stripers the second might be a hybrid. :?:

Cast&Blast said:
I believe that a "whiper" is another name for a white bass.

They are both stripers the second might be a hybrid. :?:

Whiper - White bass and Striper. Makes sense, right?

Latest posts