2007 Trail Blazer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys happen to own a Chevy Trail Blazer. I went with my dad yesterday and he bought a 2007 Trail Blazer. Its a beautiful ride but I dont know much about them. I do know that the gas mileage is going to suck compared to the SUV( Suzuki Grand Vatara) he presently has. His new ride is totally laoded and it has 24000 mile but he couldnt pass up the price. They give him $13000 for his old vehicle and the Trail Blazer was $21000.They also gave him a 5year warrenty with it. It listed for $31595 a year ago. Any of your expert advise or info on the Trail Blazer would be greatly appreciated. I guess it doesnt really matter much though because its already bought and he loves it and thats all that matters. Like i said this thing is sweet. Its color is sweet. The color is called Graystone Metallic. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it has 17" tires on it and they are going to be a little costly for dads budget. The sterio is kickass, it has a bose system in it and man does it sound great! enough rambling from me so if you could please give me some feedback on this vehicle. Good or Bad, Likes and Dislikes PLEASE. If it turns out to be junk its gonna be my fault and my head! I always get the blame!

My boss has a '05 Trailblazer extended (7 seater), the only complaint he has is the gas mileage. He gets 14 mpg average. They are supposed to do better then that.

I have an '02 Trailblazer LS. All in all I like it and would buy one again except I would get the 4WD. My gripes have been with the power windows (use pure silicone spray to lube the tracks), Stereo (back speakers stopped working and have yet to figure it out, not under warranty anymore so it's up to me to figure it out) and rattles (suspension sounds loose). That could be because I had lighter duty shocks put on instead of the heavy duty towing package ones and now that I tow a boat I should put the heavier ones back on.

cool thanks for the feedback. we are picking it up today but I was just worried that people were gonna tell me they are junk and they had theres in the shop every other week. I dont know a thing about the new vehicles. I have a95 buick century and thers nothing on it a havnt been able to fix but this trail blazer when I opened the hood I couldnt even find the spark plugs so I am glad its under warrenty. Thanks again.

Interesting side note about the engine. It is a straight six and inline engines are smoother running than "V" engines. The engine was so smooth that during assembly Chevy workers were frequently grinding the starter trying to "start" a running engine. This happened so much so that they installed a cut out that prevents the starter from engaging if the engine is running. Read about that before I bought mine. Mine has 90K miles on it

I want a SS, 6.0 L LS2 V8. 8) The awd version :eek:

Horsepower: 390 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 400 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm Maximum Payload: 1338 lbs.
Maximum Towing Capacity: 6600 lbs

Its a BABY HAULER~

Trailblazer_SS_2006_1.jpg

flounderhead59 said:
Interesting side note about the engine. It is a straight six and inline engines are smoother running than "V" engines. The engine was so smooth that during assembly Chevy workers were frequently grinding the starter trying to "start" a running engine. This happened so much so that they installed a cut out that prevents the starter from engaging if the engine is running. Read about that before I bought mine. Mine has 90K miles on it

I'm not sure when they made the change, but they now use an Inline 5.

Gamefisher said:

I'm not sure where you got that information but I just checked the Chevy web site and the 4.2L I6 is still the standard engine with an optional V-8. Same I6 as was offered in 2002 when it was introduced.

Dad got the 4.2 and its the vortec. W live in a hole in the middle of the mountains and on the way home today it pulled the hills with no problem. I definately did not seem under powered at all. I runs great and you can barely hear it run. Dad loves it and he says it rides like a Cadillac but its has all the electronice crap and he has trouble figuring it out but he says as long as he can get the windows down and the sterio on thats all he needs. Thanks again for the input. And as far as the 5 cylinder motors I beleive they came out in 2007.

flounderhead59 said:
Gamefisher said:

I'm not sure where you got that information but I just checked the Chevy web site and the 4.2L I6 is still the standard engine with an optional V-8. Same I6 as was offered in 2002 when it was introduced.

My mistake. Only the Colorado has the I5. I thought they shared the same chassis/engine.

Latest posts