What sun screen do you use?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I got a friendly reminder of my lack of pigment today, and I've been meaning to ask what you guys use for sun screen. I've found that most brands discolor my clothes, especially if mixed with sweat.

The only brand I've been happy with is bull frog, which is hard to find. Plus its REALLY greasy, because its so waterproof.

What do you guys use?

I use Coppertone Sport spf 15 or 30. i like it cause it's non-greasy, and it seems to last all day. I'm not a big fan of the spray bottle sunblocks. I feel like your not getting the full protection as the lotion.

I'll use any, but I liked bullfrog the best.

It's interesting you say it is greasy. For whatever reason, it's the opposite to me. I liked it so much because I felt like after I put it on, it didn't feel like I was wearing any. Not sure if there are different types of it or not.

Anybrand SPF 30. Good enough for me. Although, I do believe that the stuff I have in my boat right now is Coppertone, but not sure.

I found some spray on equate wal-mart brand last year. SPF 65 I think it is. I like the spray ons, but I have found that you still need to rub them in because you will tan spray spots it you don't.

Brine said:
I'll use any, but I liked bullfrog the best.

It's interesting you say it is greasy. For whatever reason, it's the opposite to me. I liked it so much because I felt like after I put it on, it didn't feel like I was wearing any. Not sure if there are different types of it or not.

It might just be because the stuff I have is waterproof. Its a couple years old too, so they could have changed the formula.

I need to find the stuff with bug spray built in.

I go with a "sportsmans" type don't really mind the brand. I prefer to use SPF 50...if i go through the trouble of putting it on I don't want anything coming through.

many brands do the trick. As a skin cancer survivor for 6 years now, believe me I use it. I hope all of you use something and its improtant to use it on your face, nose, ears and the back of your neck... the neck is where I had it..
The important thing is to really rub it in.... do it men.

fender66 said:
I need to find the stuff with bug spray built in.

That is a great idea. Where have I been....never heard of that.

https://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___90176

definitely the way to go.

The bullfrog I have is a surfer formula or something I believe... You can put in on the back of your hands and by the end of the day after grabbing a bunch of fish from the water, it'll still bead the water. Its almost like a liquidy vaseline lol

I wear a wide brimmed hat, 3"-4" brim all the way around. It protects my neck, and keeps teh rain off my glasses and from going down the back of my shirt. I tend to tan pretty quickly. Heck last weekend I got a sun burn on the top of my head on a cloudy day, today its peeling. I'm good to go teh rest of summer now.

Latest posts