Getting the boat ready is work!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
This weekend was the fishing opener for gamefish. With the death in the family, my working on the boat got put aside-till satuday night. Stayed up till 3:30 and got it all ready, except some major items, the wiring in my truck went crazy-the right blinket blinked both sides and left would blink the right every 5th blink. Had to replace a bearing, but it was some oddsize thing so it took many store visits to get right. Then on the water, but the big motor started a misfire and wouldn't run-finally got it cleared out and it team for an hour great. And then the troller wouldn't work. I had dropped it and a connection came off-way down in the moter! Finally at 10pm last night I think Im ready ! Geez, anything else?! Of coarse, the good luck wasn't done-I tried to sew up some holes in the raingear, and my wifes new sewing machine broke- guess Ill be fixing that today.
When do I get to fish???

I hear ya! Every year, before the season opener I find myself in the same situation. I have plans to go fishing on Saturday, it's Wednesday night and I have 4 days worth of "work" to complete on the boat. Several late nights in my father's garage and we usually get it done just in time. This year I don't have any plans to go fishing until the weekend of May 21st-22nd, but my boat currently has no floors! An unexpected work trip to KC on Tuesday-Thursday this week will have me cramming every spare minute this weekend into working on the boat. I'm sure it'll be done enough to go fishing, but not complete. Here's to hoping I can avoid any unwanted surprises.

Well the good news is I don't think you missed too much on the opener this year. It was pretty brutal on Nag. windy and cold. I did manage to boat 8 pike and a couple of smallies. We had 50 degree water temps all day. Hope you have better luck next time out.

angry Bob said:
Well the good news is I don't think you missed too much on the opener this year. It was pretty brutal on Nag. windy and cold. I did manage to boat 8 pike and a couple of smallies. We had 50 degree water temps all day. Hope you have better luck next time out.

I did get on the water for a brief time on Saturday - just anchored in a bay Used a chatterbait to roust up one largemouth. Then tied on a zara spook type bait I painted up - just tried it to see how it cast.. Had a huge blowup on the first cast which made my heart jump, but no fish.