snacks ?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot dogs in a thermos rule! :LOL2:

After someone mentioned it here we did it and it was awesome. A nice warm lunch on the boat. Boil some dogs, throw them in a thermos that fits, top them off with the hot water you boiled them in, and seal the thermos. Grab a package of buns and a small bottle of mustard. Instant warm lunch hours later. :D

usually some beer, and a cooler with some beer, maybe a little beer and, oh yeah, I usually take some beer. If I'm gonna be out in the afternoon hours, I'll usually take a cooler with some beer..... oh, I almost forgot, a ham sandwich and some beer :lol:

if bait of fish leave you with nasty hands. trail mix in a nalgene or widemouth gatorade bottle can be eaten without touching your food.

during the heat of summer tuna or chicken salad is not to heavy.

i thinking about taking some m.r.e.s for night fishing.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Col...ve&Ntt=stove&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

with one of these a pot or skillet and a jug of water. there is a ton of posibilities,spagetti,omlets in a bag,mac n cheese,chilli.

You just have to have Oreo's and coffe in the morning and then an apple for lunch and maybe a bannana but the real thing is the mixture of M&M's and peanuts... I put about 3/4 cup in one of those small "snack size ziplock bags" and I can eat them right out of the bag...Pretzels are always good... Now they have flavored pretzels....cinnamon raison, etc.
Making me want to go fishing even more.
The hot dogs in a thermos thing is new to me and will have to try it
Peace

freetofish said:
You just have to have Oreo's and coffe in the morning and then an apple for lunch and maybe a bannana but the real thing is the mixture of M&M's and peanuts... I put about 3/4 cup in one of those small "snack size ziplock bags" and I can eat them right out of the bag...Pretzels are always good... Now they have flavored pretzels....cinnamon raison, etc.
Making me want to go fishing even more.
The hot dogs in a thermos thing is new to me and will have to try it
Peace
a banana in the boat??????????? are you nuts there isn't a worse juju you could place upon yourself.
I had a guy place one on my trailer in the morning after i launched my boat and had a horrible day.
If you ever take that chance again please be sure to have you affairs in order

or stay in knee deep water so you can walk to sure

ifn I did the coffee and Oreo's I would NOT be able to spend any time on the lake fishin', would be hangin' my backside off the edge of the boat polluting the lake with a coffee/oreo mixture.

I usually take coffee and noduts for the morning, and maybe a sandwhich of some type. don't take much beer anymore, but use to take more beer than anything else when I went fishing in my younger days. LOL

I always have a bag of nacho cheese Combos in my tackle box. Even if they have been in there opened they aren't to bad stale. I always make sure I toss a couple over the side for good luck.

try fruits. great snack on warm day. i love ripe mango. i just throw em fruits in the cooler together with beer and water. no bananas please!

I like smuckers uncrustables they are frozen pb+j . Just put some in the cooler in the morning and they will be thawed and ready to eat in an hour or so. Also beef jerkey is good. I need to try the hotdog thing great idea!!

Nothing, we stop in the morning buy 2 soft pretzels and 2 peach snaple, putem in a cooler, leaveem in the truck then hit the water hard and steady till 1ish, head back to the ramp, put the boat on and enjoy our snacks on the way home.

I pack a lunch, sandwich, chips, apple, pop, and a candy bar. I also bring coffee/donuts/or dry cereal in the am, and 2 liters of water to drink throughout the day.

Im not opposed to a shore lunch or heading back to camp either.

I'll bring beer for evening/night fishing.

Any kind of beef jerky and a couple of apples or peaches. When the boat is done, may have to consider the "barbecue grill on the water" idea. :idea: Introduce the wife back to a little romance. 8)

fender66 said:
I usually have Dominoes deliver. :mrgreen:

I prefer Vocelli's...
If I'm fishing from the bank at my favorite spot, I've done this and it's by far the way to go. Otherwise, if I'm in the boat, I went out to fish, not eat....eating can wait until I get back.

one100grand said:
fender66 said:
I usually have Dominoes deliver. :mrgreen:

I prefer Vocelli's...
If I'm fishing from the bank at my favorite spot, I've done this and it's by far the way to go. Otherwise, if I'm in the boat, I went out to fish, not eat....eating can wait until I get back.

I was actually joking. When I'm in the boat fishing...the last thing I think about doing is eating. It's actually not a good thing either. Sometimes, I make myself sick and even light headed due to not eating. I'm going fishing and not eating on a boat.....right? #-o

Latest posts