Tx season starts Saturday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dampeoples

Reaction score
And I'm not ready!!!

I've got a bunch of irons in the fire, trying to add more content to my site, as the pictures I had were all bad, in my opinion. I've got a few new things to add to the site, but no time to really sit down and make sure they are all correct. For interim updates, youcan always check my blog. My most recent accomplishment was adding a custom 404 page, which is retaining all the folks that click on the bad links left from the old site, yeah!

I have also started a site for a friend of mine, who is part owner of a hair salon. This is a trial in itself, as they are not very computer literate, and I have to stop and explain stuff every step of the way, when I get ready to do stuff, I want to do it right now, not wait!

On top of that, it is near impossible to find my favorite line, Silver Thread, anywhere. I thought about it pretty late, and ordered it straight from Lurenet. They have charged my card, which means it's shipped, but I got no tracking number! Copolymer line doesn't degrade like mono, but I still feel better with new line. It is the final, and weakest, link between me and the fish!

To add to this, my wife and smallest girl have been sick, so I've had to fend for myself for a lot of things, it sure is tough :)

At work, we are in the middle of mail count, which is what determines how we get paid, so I'm trying my best to pay as close attention to that as I can. We are paid by the 'job' so to speak. My route pays 8 hours a day, I get 8 hours if I do it in 12 or 5. I generally do it in 5-6, so I am not doing bad. The kicker is that if it loses much, I will go to an off every other weekend deal, and that's bad!

Furthermore, I've not even seen my tackle since we moved in this new place last November! I've seen new stuff, I have a pile of about 50 various plugs that need tuning, hooks, and whatnot that need to be sorted to their boxes, or maybe even returned to their owners, as I know a few are project baits.

We're fishing at lake Gaston, I'm kind of excited to get out, it's been a long time, and Gaston is where I did the best last year, I took two seconds there, beat by the same guy by ounces, qualifying me for the Regionals at the end of April, I can't wait!

I have also been busy with some repaints and working on a few new patterns here and there, Wayne, for one, should be pretty happy with some of the things I've (almost) finished up for him.

You sound like you are way to busy! Relax a bit and wet a line. Good luck dude. Life is to short and you have to take time and enjoy the time we have!

Latest posts