Paint in Jig Holes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Anyone got an easy fast way to open the holes that are painted shut??? I twist the tip of a knife blade around, both sides until the hole opens up - but, I've stabbed myself more times than I'd like to. Any better ways??

straighten an old hook and snap the barb. put a sort of handle on it, you now have a special tool. also very useful for opening closed bullet sinker holes.
a big gauge syringe needle also works, but it's sharp. better hold the jig with pliers to prevent future accidents.

They make a tool for that exact purpose. I have one and it works well

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Jig-Eye-Cleaner/product/29673/-848233

Drywall screw

constructiondrywallscrew.jpg

gmoney said:
They make a tool for that exact purpose. I have one and it works well

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops®-Jig-Eye-Cleaner/product/29673/-848233

+1

check out crappielures.com they have that jig eyebuster same thing as cabelas, $2.95 plus they are on here!!!

1st thing I do with a new box of jigs is pull out a super small drill bit and use the dremel or small cordless drill to clean em out, hate messin with the paint when I'm tryin to catch fishes

Rapala makes an awesome little tool for this. I've tried a hook, and several different tools and rapala by far is the fastest. I got mine in this combo that hangs around your neck.

https://www.rapala.com/products/tools/clipper_combo/
(it's the tool with the button in the top of the picture)

gouran01 said:
1st thing I do with a new box of jigs is pull out a super small drill bit and use the dremel or small cordless drill to clean em out, hate messin with the paint when I'm tryin to catch fishes

This is a great idea! I used to be one of those folks poking themselves in the fingers with a hook or knife....I have an ice pick that I've sharpened the tip down quite a bit and it does the trick, but I worry about it being a dangerous item to just have around...

FishingCop said:
Anyone got an easy fast way to open the holes that are painted shut??? I twist the tip of a knife blade around, both sides until the hole opens up - but, I've stabbed myself more times than I'd like to. Any better ways??

I use my finger nail clippers that I keep handy for trimming knots. Just close them enough to cut through the paint and wiggle around and usually comes right off.

I have a 3in. screw sharpened on the grinder on one end and has duct tape around it for a handle. looks like a prison shank kinda , could use it to keep people away from your honey hole too :twisted:

truckhuntfish said:
I have a 3in. screw sharpened on the grinder on one end and has duct tape around it for a handle. looks like a prison shank kinda , could use it to keep people away from your honey hole too :twisted:

Double entendre? 8-[

truckhuntfish said:

That might violate my probation. Believe Ill just stick with the ole hook inthe eye method.

Latest posts