"Fishing With A Soldier" Report & Pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFBigDog

Reaction score
"Fishing With A Soldier" Report & Pictures

Good morning TinBoats

Let me start by saying "Thank You" to everyone who gave of their time and equipment to support this event. With the feed back I have gotten so far from Boater's, Soldier's, and Veteran's ... This event was a HUGE success. Everyone seem to enjoy themselves. I believe we ended up with 37-38 volunteer boaters .... and about 34 Soldier's & Veteran's. I was exstreamly pleased with the over all results of this event, considering it was our first attempt. My biggest and only let down of the day was the fact the we had 4 boats with no soldiers or veterans to put on them .... but everyone understood and was very good about it. Janet Parker was such a sweetheart ... and very accessable ... and took time to talk and take pictures with everyone who wanted to see her. The Patriot Guard Riders and Shiloh Riders did an outstanding job getting there on time, preparing all of the food ... and serving everyone .... Hats Off To ALL of You.

As for my three co-chairmen ... SFC Garry Harris (Toadslinger) Mr. Donnie Gill & Mrs. Deb McKay They were nothing short of OUTSTANDING !!!! In my opinion, this event would have never been the success it was without them ... In fact I doubt if the event would have even gotten off the ground. They worked long tireless hours during the past several weeks ... right up to the night before the event, when Toadslinger was out putting up direction signs until about 11 PM ..... and then we had to do last minute computer work generating boater listes and downloading TWRA one day fishing license's for our Soldier'sand Veteran's .... and didn't get to bed till after 1 AM with a wake up call of 5 AM in order to get to the boat ramp by 6 AM

Alot of the boaters wives just jumped right in ... and did what ever was neccessary .... to make sure everything went smoothly .... Three off tthe top of my head was 520vsx's wife Tammy and my wife Betty, and Toadslingers wife Sabina They were OUTSTANDING ..... Thank You.

There WILL be a "Fishing With A Soldier 2" in 2012 Watts Bar has been suggested as a location.

Thank all of you so much again

2a6137m.jpg

Sponsors Thank You banner
2ji4ir.jpg

Professional Bass Angeler Janet Parker & SF Big Dog
2wd0kzq.jpg

2112st3.jpg

bgtmwi.jpg

3 co-chair persons Gary Harris, Donnie Gill, & Deb McKay w/ SF Big Dog
vfb1jb.jpg

emrg4.jpg

SF Big Dog / Rich

Awesome.

Thanks for taking hte time to honor those who serve. Your service IS greatly appreciated.
:USA1:

Latest posts