So I got screwed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I was looking for a relatively inexpensive, yet decent knife sharpener. I read many recommendations for the 4 step Super Pro from Edgemakerpro.com, so on March 21, 2011, I ordered one through one of their authorized online retailers and paid with PayPal. A week later and no status email of the item being shipped but the payment had been made. I emailed the company on March 28, 2011 and received a reply that they were out of stock and would send me an original which is 4 separate pieces instead of two doubled ones. I replied that I didn't want that and would like the one I ordered. Then I got a status of "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 29, 2011 to expect your package for mailing". This is still the current USPS status. So far no further responses to my inquiry about when they will be in stock.

On April 23 I emailed retailer asking about a status and received no reply. On May 5 I asked for a refund and got no response. On May 10 I emailed the Company using their “Contact Us” button on the main website and on May 16 received a CC of an email to the retailer, telling him to take care of me. To date I have received no product and no refund.

So, if anyone is looking for a knife sharpening system, I would personally avoid ordering the 4 step Super Pro from Edgemakerpro.com.

I filed a dispute with PayPal, but as it has been over 45 days, they won’t do anything.

Not looking for any recommendations for a sharpening system as I know what I am going to buy. Just want you to be forewarned about this one.

You got bamboozled. Sorry POS internet sales companies. Thers a lot of them out there these days. Paypal should take care of you eventually tho.

Sorry to hear you got stuck, Popeye. Thanks for the heads up though...spreading the word to others seems like the only defense we have the BBB does nothing and no one else is doing anything either.

Popeye said:
I would personally avoid ordering the 4 step Super Pro from Edgemakerpro.com.

Sounds like I would plain avoid Edgemakerpro.com. The unfortunate downside of shopping on the internet, you would hope that everyone would be honest, prompt, and courteous, but that doesn't always happen. I recently had a bad experience with a purchase on eBay, payment via Paypal, eBay's Buyer Protection sided with the seller even though the seller offered a return policy but wouldn't honor it, the item was new defective from the manufacturer. I filed a complaint with my credit card company, AMEX, and they refunded my full amount in less than a week. If you used a credit card, via Paypal, that has some sort of buyers protection, I would start there first. Paypal process can sometimes be long and you can't actually speak to anyone about your problems.

Well, like I said, I had read several good reviews about the product and service.

I just got an email from the parent company saying they've lost communication with the distributor I was dealing with. I don;t know why he is out of touch, there could be a very valid reason. Anyhow, the parent company guy said he couldn't refund the money, he would send me the sharpener I ordered. I suppose that will work.

Sorry about your internet experience.

Long before Mr. Gore invented the internet, I had a dispute with a mail order product. They kept charging my credit card and no replacement products ever showed up so I sent them a snail mail to cancel my account and refund my credit charges paid to them. Months of toe tapping and promises. Finally had too much of this bull dung and wrote a letter to the BBB in their city of business. Got my refund ASAP! I haven't seen their product advertised in the last so many years.

I really try to buy local anymore.

You know, a good old fashion sharpening stone works really, really well

Hope it works out for your Popeye - - keep bugging PayPal

Popeye said:
I can never keep the same angle when I use a stone. Plus this was recommended by a couple professional chefs...

Correct angle for most knives is about the height of 5 quarters stacked (around 18-20*). Stack up 5 quarters and hold the stack with your thumb - use that as a starting point.

You know what they say about the sharpest knife in the drawer.. . . . .

What I meant by me not keeping the same angle is each time I draw the blade down the sone, it's at a different angle, pretty much creating a rounded edge... I can turn any knife into a butter knife. :shock:

Captain Ahab said:
You know, a good old fashion sharpening stone works really, really well

X2
That's all I've ever used. I can get my blades sharp enough to shave.
I keep my blade the thickness of a dime off the stone.

Good luck, at least your getting what you ordered, granted it wasnt a smooth process.
Maybe the company got caught in one of those tornadoes or something?

I've got to add here, though, that most of my internet ordering has turned out to be at least as good as what they said it would be and occasionally better. Unfortunately, there are those sellers who create all the horror stories, but they really are the minority.

Five or six years ago I ordered a pair of work boots for my job from uniformbootco.com. (I'm not even sure if they're still in business.) After an appropriate amount of time went by, I still didn't have my boots. I gave them a call on the phone and was told that there had been a fire in their warehouse, but that they would fill my order as soon as possible. Several days later, my boots came in and they were exactly what I ordered. Couple of weeks later, and a second pair arrived - again, exactly what I had ordered with no extra charge. I've been wearing the same two pairs of boots since then, just alternating them out between shines.

Got the sharpener system in the email. I ran an old banged up fillet knife through it and am pleasantly surprised how it turned out.

Glad to hear that.
I think we just found a volunteer to fillet up Saturday nights dinner at the TinBoats Tournament. =D> :mrgreen:

Latest posts