Jims Worst Nightmare!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arteries harden a little just by looking at it, but man would I love a bite.

might be a stupid question but what is scrapple? pics like this should be banned as now im hungry!!! :lol: :lol:

Unless you live in the Middle Atlantic states, you may have never had the dubious pleasure of breakfasting on scrapple—a fried slice of pork-mush. Often erroneously called Philadelphia Scrapple, it's really a dish that originated in the Eastern Pennsylvania farmlands of German born settlers—far from the city of Brotherly Love.

It's dictionary defined as "cornmeal mush made with the meat and broth of pork, seasoned with onions, spices and herbs and shaped into loaves for slicing and frying." The word, scrapple originates from "scrap" or "scrappy" meaning made up of odds and ends for that's exactly what it is—boiled, ground leftover pig scraps with cornmeal and spices thrown in. Scrapple lovers think of it as food for the gods. Anti-scrapplers consider it a culinary abomination

Read more: Scrapple: Pork Mush...The Pennsylvania Treat https://www.globalgourmet.com/food/sleuth/0998/scrapple.html#ixzz1NY3EBzaf

haha thanks ahab, i dont think we have anything like that here in ne ohio, but it sounds quite interesting, im from a family of european immigrants so i pretty open to trying pretty much anything, i think i would be game to try some!!!! thanks for the education!!! everyone have a great holiday weekend!!!!

never thought about that and yes we do have alot of amish!! have a big amish comunity not far from me guess ill have to go huntin for some scrapple!!! youll be the first to know if i find some!!

one100grand said:
That looks amazing...can we do a box pass on these?

Thanks! but sadly no..... come Sunday ill be headed back to Sippi and wont have access to another Jims Nightmare (yes that is the official name of this sandwich :LOL2: ) till at least December. I will however be willing to include a 5x10 autographed glossy print of this fine sandwich in the pass box if anyone is interested!

IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THE VEGE PATTI AT SUB WAY...LOL, I WOULD HAVE TO TRY IT, THE SRAPPLE I MEAN NOT THE VEGE PATTI... YUCK THOSE THINGS AT SUBWAY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN EATEN...LOL

Jim said:
How can you guys eat that [strike]crap[/strike] stuff. I would not feed that to my dog.

I will take just the roll egg and cheese please. :LOL2:

Your dog eats better then anyone on here so i am not suprised

Captain Ahab said:
Jim said:
How can you guys eat that [strike]crap[/strike] stuff. I would not feed that to my dog.

I will take just the roll egg and cheese please. :LOL2:

Your dog eats better then anyone on here so i am not suprised

he has too, **** allergies. He gets 90/10 hamburg while the rest of the family gets 80/20....on sale. :LOL2:

Latest posts