Washerboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOB350RX said:
IS THAT KINDA LIKE CORN HOLE BUT WITH FLAT DISCS?

never played corn hole before (Ahab stop giggling!) but it is played with flat discs, here is the setup.

washer-toss.s600x600.jpg

rules are simple, toss the washers in the holes.
scoring can get complicated after a few beers tho!

Oh yeah.....every night during the summer we sit on our front porch on our kitchen chairs and look out at the collection of cars we have on block in the front yard while we sing and play our washboards. Here's a pic of my pappy cuttin' the rug..
Washboard.jpg

Seriously....we do play "washers" as we call it. Same game, but there are different boards. I made a set myself a few years ago and love playing.

BassAddict said:
BOB350RX said:
IS THAT KINDA LIKE CORN HOLE BUT WITH FLAT DISCS?

never played corn hole before (Ahab stop giggling!) but it is played with flat discs, here is the setup.

washer-toss.s600x600.jpg

rules are simple, toss the washers in the holes.
scoring can get complicated after a few beers tho!

That's it! My boards slant up towards the back side, and have a "sudden death" hole at the very top. That hole is just slightly larger than the washer. Difficult to hit, but it is possible.

That's it! My boards slant up towards the back side, and have a "sudden death" hole at the very top. That hole is just slightly larger than the washer. Difficult to hit, but it is possible.[/quote]

Yea their holes are a little too big, and no slant or sudden death hole on what i was playing on. Much better than horse shoes IMO tho.

I play washers all the time, but we play on a board that has only one hole.

The board we typically play on is 4-2x4's put together to make a 2x2 square. Then topped with mine belt and a hole cut in the center just slightly larger than the washers.

My parents have a set that has a plywood bottom with a pvc pipe center. like this one show...

Attachments

• washers.jpg
    washers.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 865
We play cornhole. It's almost as fun as boccie ball. The boards look like this, which are pretty close to the way mine look. All you need is a 2-0 x 4-0 board at an angle with a 6" hole and 8 6" sq. bags.
cornhole.jpg

I USED TO PLAY SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THAT AT MY GRAND PARENTS HOUSE THEY CALLED IT "HILLBILLY GOLF" :LOL2: BUT IT IS FUN

bearsphan3.14 said:
We play cornhole. It's almost as fun as boccie ball. The boards look like this, which are pretty close to the way mine look. All you need is a 2-0 x 4-0 board at an angle with a 6" hole and 8 6" sq. bags.
cornhole.jpg

Around here, they use bean bags, not disks. BTW, What's a guy from Deleware doing with Chicago Bears logos??? I like it :) :)

I cant find the pics but I will keep looking. To start everyone keeps clothing on, dont want any confusion :LOL2: There is two lanes 10 to 15 ft long depending on who sets it up. At the end of the lanes are two dixie cups setting up right. The two contestants place a quarter between their butt checks and race to the cups dropping the quarter in the cup. Miss the cup and start back at the beginning. We alway play were it costs one quarter a game. Just leave quarter in the cup at the end of the round. Last time I was there a little old lady won the whole thing. :LMFAO:

FishingCop said:
Around here, they use bean bags, not disks. BTW, What's a guy from Deleware doing with Chicago Bears logos??? I like it :) :)
Bandwagon jumper in 85 (I was 7). My favorite uncle was a all round Chicago fan having grown up in the area.

taterosu said:
I cant find the pics but I will keep looking. To start everyone keeps clothing on, dont want any confusion :LOL2: There is two lanes 10 to 15 ft long depending on who sets it up. At the end of the lanes are two dixie cups setting up right. The two contestants place a quarter between their butt checks and race to the cups dropping the quarter in the cup. Miss the cup and start back at the beginning. We alway play were it costs one quarter a game. Just leave quarter in the cup at the end of the round. Last time I was there a little old lady won the whole thing. :LMFAO:

Note to self: Leave Oklahoma out of the commerative quarter collection :LOL2:

Latest posts